What's new

Got a gift card! Which Proraso?

For Admin Assistants' Day, my new boss gave me a $25 gift card to The Gigantic Site That Supposedly Has Everything (aka Amazon). I've been curious about Proraso's aftershaves, the green (menthol and eucalyptus, right? Like the Proraso Green shaving cream?) and the red (sandalwood?). I can't get both for $25, so I have to pick.

My usual AS is Clubman Special Reserve. I used to like Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man, but somehow it has begun to remind me of Cheerios, so when it's gone I probably won't buy another bottle right away. I like the Proraso Green cream's scent, and I like sandalwood. Which of the Prorasos is likely to last longer and/or be stronger?

My usual cologne right now is either the Sharp Dressed Man (which has also begun to whiff of Cheerios), Old Spice, or the "Hollywood by Playboy" Miss Linda gave me. While I'm not fond of the Cheerios scent, the cologne works well. Which of the Prorasos do you think would go with one or more of these?

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Headed in to shave right now to investigate the Stirling Executive Man = Cheerios situation. I'll follow up shortly. Also, go for the green. Summer is almost upon us.

IMO the Green doesn’t have much scent, not that last beyond 20 mins. They’re both great for the face. But yeah, the green shouldn’t interfere with your other fragrance at all.

I really like both of them, but if I had to pick between the two, I prefer the red. In addition to liking the scent of the red a bit more, I find it to be longer lasting. The green splash smells much better than the cream in my opinion. Don’t think you can go wrong with either, but like the others said, if you want something for summertime the green is probably your best bet.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I can now report that to my nose Executive Man does not smell of Cheerios. That being said I do kinda see where you're coming from @Benzadmiral . I do, however, believe that Margs in the Arctic does smell like margaritas.

Also, if you live near a Burlington or Marshall's you may want to pop in. I have purchased Proraso soaps, creams and pre-shaves from these stores for $2-3 many times. Then we can help you find other goodies to spend your Bezos Bucks on.

I can now report that to my nose Executive Man does not smell of Cheerios. That being said I do kinda see where you're coming from @Benzadmiral . I do, however, believe that Margs in the Arctic does smell like margaritas.

Also, if you live near a Burlington or Marshall's you may want to pop in. I have purchased Proraso soaps, creams and pre-shaves from these stores for $2-3 many times. Then we can help you find other goodies to spend your Bezos Bucks on.
No, not Executive Man -- the Sharp Dressed Man. I believe I tried a sample of Exec and liked it quite a bit.

I have a Marshall's and a Burlington Coat Factory near me, but I've been holding off on going to stores unless I know they won't give me trouble about not wearing a muzzle. Or will honor my doctor's letter for medical exemption.

As for summertime, that will begin next week here and will last until Christmas, and I dread it. Maybe the green can help me through some of the horror.

ETA: If I went over $25, Bezos' Boys offered me free shipping. So for $3 over plus less than $3 in tax, I could have both the green and the red . . . and I did so order.

“As for summertime, that will begin next week here and will last until Christmas...”

That sounds glorious!! 🌞😂
It's hideous. Not a dry invigorating heat, oh no. It's that sticky, endless, will-sapping humid heat that makes tropical tree frogs hop for the A/C controls. No fall, a winter that is more like a short spring, and a spring that ends usually in early March. Your hands feel as though they're dipped in glue whenever you're outdoors; A/C is needed 24/7 in house and car; your clothes stick to your back, and your face feels as though a malevolent elf smeared bacon fat all over your skin.

'Tis a climate fit only for alligators and cockroaches.

Haha! Ok, I get that. I grew up in a fairly humid place and I sometimes forget how oppressive that can feel. I’ve grown accustomed to the dry heat of the west and I really like it. I’m like a lizard on a rock!! Best of luck beating the summertime blues...go for the green! 😂

Haha! Ok, I get that. I grew up in a fairly humid place and I sometimes forget how oppressive that can feel. I’ve grown accustomed to the dry heat of the west and I really like it. I’m like a lizard on a rock!! Best of luck beating the summertime blues...go for the green! 😂
When I lived in CO, I enjoyed that dry heat quite a bit. I really appreciated that first warm day after the winter -- the contrast between cold and hot could be astonishing there, even on the same day. Here, the warm stuff just goes on . . . and on . . . and on. . . .

I hope to live somewhere with either some winter or dry summers, or both, in a couple of years.

If I had to pick one, it'd be Cypress & Vetiver... by a LONG shot.

1619105517332.png

I'd go to maggards and get a sample of all four classic soaps/creams and all four aftershaves, personally. I can get ten shaves out of a sample, easy. Closer to 20 if I use synthetic brushes

I use the green year round. I've tried quite a few products but it just doesn't feel like a shave without finishing with Proraso Green aftershave.

Top Bottom