What's new

Got a gift card! Which Proraso?

The red takes some getting used to. Lingering and a bit sweet. However If you have not tried both the red and green shaving soaps. Both are highly recommend by many here including me.

Colors...not soap and cream combos.

I wish they made a blue soap. Have they stayed any reason why they aren't?
Sure, color wise then:
Green / Eucalyptus & Menthol
Red / Sandalwood
Blue / Vitamin E & Aloe Vera
White / Green Tea & Oatmeal
Yellow / Wood & Spice
Olive Drab / Cypress & Vetyver
Light Blue / Lime

There you have it 😉

Last edited:
Dang it, I had almost forgot about wanting to try Proraso. Thanks alot LOL

I want to try all the Proraso and those dang Ariana and Evans are so visually stimulating. No idea if they are any good but all the pretty colors on the label!

Looking forward to try out the Single Edge Azur Lime and Vetyver in the next weeks.
I'm using the Cypress & Vetyver, great deep, smoky, woody Vetiver forward scent, love it. Performance is what you'd expect from Proraso cream. Balm is excellent, no parabens in it. And while I didn't get the EDT, I smelled the flanker and for the money IMHO it's phenomenal. Well, that is if you like Vetiver 😊

Dang it, I had almost forgot about wanting to try Proraso. Thanks alot LOL

I want to try all the Proraso and those dang Ariana and Evans are so visually stimulating. No idea if they are any good but all the pretty colors on the label!
Proraso creams are solid, soaps are underwhelming.

A&E croaps are the best shaving products ever made. It's no contest.

Proraso vs. A&E is like Ford vs. Rolls-Royce. It just doesn't compare.

I drive a Ford btw, so no offense meant if you known what I mean.

Proraso creams are solid, soaps are underwhelming.

A&E croaps are the best shaving products ever made. It's no contest.

Proraso vs. A&E is like Ford vs. Rolls-Royce. It just doesn't compare.

I drive a Ford btw, so no offense meant if you known what I mean.
That is disappointing because I am just not really a cream kinda guy. Just prefer a soap for some reason. Perhaps I just have not found the right cream? Or is it creme? IDK

I have owned a GREAT many trucks in my time. Some from several brands. I currently have 2 ford trucks, 1 Ford tractor, and absolutely no Cheverolets LOL. But I understand the simile.

That is disappointing because I am just not really a cream kinda guy. Just prefer a soap for some reason. Perhaps I just have not found the right cream? Or is it creme? IDK

I have owned a GREAT many trucks in my time. Some from several brands. I currently have 2 ford trucks, 1 Ford tractor, and absolutely no Cheverolets LOL. But I understand the simile.
Get A&E, forget Proraso.

Here in Europe, we can buy Proraso for $4 or so, in Italy it's even cheaper. In US it's price-positioned as an upmarket product, which it really isn't. It's your brick & mortar soap /cream, nothing to write home about.

I drive the Escape, or as we call it over here the Kuga. Love it.

Sure, color wise then:
Green / Eucalyptus & Menthol
Red / Sandalwood
Blue / Vitamin E & Aloe Vera
White / Green Tea & Oatmeal
Yellow / Wood & Spice
Olive Drab / Cypress & Vetyver
Light Blue / Lime

There you have it 😉
Maggards only offers the classic line as samples

Get A&E, forget Proraso.

Here in Europe, we can buy Proraso for $4 or so, in Italy it's even cheaper. In US it's price-positioned as an upmarket product, which it really isn't. It's your brick & mortar soap /cream, nothing to write home about.

I drive the Escape, or as we call it over here the Kuga. Love it.
I had an Escape for a while. Pretty decent and affordable little ride. Quite sensible. The 1971 Ford F100 with a gas guzzling FE390 that I recently resurected..... eh not so sensible haha

The stores around here have MAYBE, if your lucky.... some cremo, gillettte pure (or something like that) in a tube and 1 grocery store has VDH in puck form WOOHOO. I do like VDH BTW. Other than that I have to order online. The proraso just seems "refined" IDK. Fancy? While still being old school. The A and E seems a bit .... hipster? But I want to try it none the less. I am slowly giving in to using newer artisan type products. Captains Choice Nor"Easter is one that made me change my mind. Love that stuff.

I had an Escape for a while. Pretty decent and affordable little ride. Quite sensible. The 1971 Ford F100 with a gas guzzling FE390 that I recently resurected..... eh not so sensible haha

The stores around here have MAYBE, if your lucky.... some cremo, gillettte pure (or something like that) in a tube and 1 grocery store has VDH in puck form WOOHOO. I do like VDH BTW. Other than that I have to order online. The proraso just seems "refined" IDK. Fancy? While still being old school. The A and E seems a bit .... hipster? But I want to try it none the less. I am slowly giving in to using newer artisan type products. Captains Choice Nor"Easter is one that made me change my mind. Love that stuff.
A&E Vetiver Magnifique is as old school as old school gets, as it's an homage to the iconic 1961 Guerlain Vetiver EDT. It's green, fresh, with a touch of tobacco, one of my all time favorite fragrances. If you like that old school stuff, you can't go wrong with it. Performance wise, as said, some come close, but none quite alike.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Go green, that red was a bit odd to me.

The green is a clean fresh scent. That cypress and vetiver sure looks interesting! But is it a splash or balm?

Go green, that red was a bit odd to me.

The green is a clean fresh scent. That cypress and vetiver sure looks interesting! But is it a splash or balm?
C&V is available as aftershave balm and also EDT (cologne) with atomizer. There is no splash.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I read the advice so far. I’ll agree with many go green cream and splash. My second thought was omg it’s administrative assistant day? 🥺

No, not Executive Man -- the Sharp Dressed Man. I believe I tried a sample of Exec and liked it quite a bit.

I have a Marshall's and a Burlington Coat Factory near me, but I've been holding off on going to stores unless I know they won't give me trouble about not wearing a muzzle. Or will honor my doctor's letter for medical exemption.

As for summertime, that will begin next week here and will last until Christmas, and I dread it. Maybe the green can help me through some of the horror.

ETA: If I went over $25, Bezos' Boys offered me free shipping. So for $3 over plus less than $3 in tax, I could have both the green and the red . . . and I did so order.

Glad to hear you got both the green and red.

I have the soap in green and plan to get the aftershave when i finish off one of my other aftershave bottles.

I have the red in cream and a barber size bottle of aftershave.

I enjoy both of them, as much as anything else I use in my den. No buyers remorse at all.

I've got a green tub and a white tub.
The labels are the same.
I can't tell a difference.
Both are super tingly menthol and I love the stuff.

The green and the red arrived. Both bottles are the same, transparent, no colorful labels -- that's reserved for the boxes. The green seems pretty fresh in scent, the red a little heavier, if you will. Both smell great. I'll try one on tonight before I head out to my writing group, and the other tomorrow after my shave.

Top Bottom