What's new

Got a free Fusion Ball razor in the mail

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Received a fairly plain box in the mail marked Gillette. There was a free Fusion Ball Razor inside with one blade. Haven’t used a cartridge razor with more than three blades in ...ummm... ever. I shave with a Guard or Track II when I am required to carry-on, but that is a rare occasion. The last time I used any sort of cartridge on a regular basis was probably the 80’s. Next time I do carry-on, I will look forward to trying this new one. Ive heard that they shave well. It was free so why not.

Received a fairly plain box in the mail marked Gillette. There was a free Fusion Ball Razor inside with one blade. Haven’t used a cartridge razor with more than three blades in ...ummm... ever. I shave with a Guard or Track II when I am required to carry-on, but that is a rare occasion. The last time I used any sort of cartridge on a regular basis was probably the 80’s. Next time I do carry-on, I will look forward to trying this new one. Ive heard that they shave well. It was free so why not.
This happened to me three times over the years. Once, they mailed me a Sensor Excel, next, a Mach 3, and finally, a Fusion. The Fusion's inferior results led me to take up DE shaving, whcih was not what they intended.

I got a free Fusion flex ball with something so I gave it a go. Now I had never shaved with one of these so called cartridges before. I only ever bought twin blade disposables because they were cheap, and for a long time good ones were available. Then good ones got harder to find so I went DE.

So the Fusion flex ball. Stupid sharp blades. The problem I found the head was angled wrong on the handle. That would be rectified by using enough pressure for the swivel to kick in and adjust the angle, but therein lay the problem. The blades were way to sharp to be using pressure. I was over shaving dramatically because of that. I gave it 3 or 4 shaves and binned it. My guess was it would give me 4-5 bad shaves until the blades were worn enough to give x amount of good shaves, before being blunt enough to give the lesser shaves, before needing binned.

Conclusion; Poorly executed in general and a travesty considering the price. Anyone saying they aren't sharp though is waffling baloney. That was my one and only experience with these kind of things.

Top Bottom