What's new

Got a cheap razor from alley express

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I saw a razor for sale from alley express and it looked like a very interesting copy of an old school Gillette Tech.
It arrived the other day, and I was disappointed to see that the handle was very cheaply made. The knurling was uneven, and deeper in some areas than others.
The plating was already flaking off when it arrived.
I had a spare Gillette Tech handle, so I just swapped out the handle and it looked and felt much better.
I took it for a test shave, and found that with one side, I could barely cut any hair at all, but the other side was so out of whack that I nearly took a strip of skin off.
I remembered that I had a spare Gillette Tech head, so I swapped out the head and gave it another go.
Man, this thing shaves like a dream now. Well worth the purchase price!

I saw a razor for sale from alley express and it looked like a very interesting copy of an old school Gillette Tech.
It arrived the other day, and I was disappointed to see that the handle was very cheaply made. The knurling was uneven, and deeper in some areas than others.
The plating was already flaking off when it arrived.
I had a spare Gillette Tech handle, so I just swapped out the handle and it looked and felt much better.
I took it for a test shave, and found that with one side, I could barely cut any hair at all, but the other side was so out of whack that I nearly took a strip of skin off.
I remembered that I had a spare Gillette Tech head, so I swapped out the head and gave it another go.
Man, this thing shaves like a dream now. Well worth the purchase price!
That reminds me of a fellow I heard of that claimed he had inherited the very hatchet that George Washington used to chop down the Cherry tree. But over the years it had had 2 new heads, and 6 new handles. :lol:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
That reminds me of a fellow I heard of that claimed he had inherited the very hatchet that George Washington used to chop down the Cherry tree. But over the years it had had 2 new heads, and 6 new handles. :lol:
There was a British comedy "Only Fools and Horses" years ago where a street sweeper won an award from the town for being frugal and using the same street broom for 20 years. He explained that it was a great brush and that it had it's bristles or handle changed several times.

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Pics or it didn't happen :nono:
1653152232026.png

Top Bottom