What's new

Google Map Error

I looked for Oxford and Oggsford. One of the mods must have been a Cambridge man:mad:

AJS said:
I looked for Oxford and Oggsford. One of the mods must have been a Cambridge man:mad:

If you're ever in the area, there's a pastry shop on Trumpington St. right next to Pembroke College called Fitzbillies. They're 'famous for their Chelsea Rolls' but don't be fooled by that. Their fresh fruit pastries, eclairs, various chocolate pastries, cakes, and even their Cornish Pasties are all the best in the country, bar none. :biggrin:

-Nick

Nick said:
If you're ever in the area, there's a pastry shop on Trumpington St. right next to Pembroke College called Fitzbillies. They're 'famous for their Chelsea Rolls' but don't be fooled by that. Their fresh fruit pastries, eclairs, various chocolate pastries, cakes, and even their Cornish Pasties are all the best in the country, bar none. :biggrin:

-Nick

I went to Pembroke:w00t: Small world isn't it?

I meant did you have any personal association with Pembroke, Cambridge (it would explain why Oxford was omitted from the map after all.)
Eventhough Oxford and Cambridge are polar opposites it's still kind of funny that you seem to know about the "other" Oxbridge Pembroke (not the good one.)

Alex,

I did a semester abroad at Corpus Christi, adminstered by Pembroke (the OTHER Pembroke) and as such spent a little bit of time at both colleges. I've got a good friend that graduated from Oxford a few years ago, it can't be THAT bad. :tongue_sm

On another note, you'll have to take up the omission with the people at Google. I have no control over what shows up on that map aside from the little B&B dots we overlay on it.

-Nick

Nick said:
Alex,

I did a semester abroad at Corpus Christi, adminstered by Pembroke (the OTHER Pembroke) and as such spent a little bit of time at both colleges. I've got a good friend that graduated from Oxford a few years ago, it can't be THAT bad. :tongue_sm

On another note, you'll have to take up the omission with the people at Google. I have no control over what shows up on that map aside from the little B&B dots we overlay on it.

-Nick

Thanks for clearing up the map confusion. Knowing you went to Cambridge I have reservations about staying on as a forum member now:tongue_sm :lol:

Nick said:
Alex,

-Nick

My brother went to Corpus Christi, studied medicine. He's now an MD stateside, actually a pediatric anesthesiologist!

AJS said:
Thanks for clearing up the map confusion. Knowing you went to Cambridge I have reservations about staying on as a forum member now:tongue_sm :lol:

If it's any consolation, it was just an excuse for me to travel (which I cut waaaay too much class to do). :biggrin:

-Nick

woodbane said:
My brother went to Corpus Christi, studied medicine. He's now an MD stateside, actually a pediatric anesthesiologist!

That's far more impressive than my professional title of "schlub".

At any rate, small world indeed!

-Nick

Top Bottom