What's new

Goodwill brush and mug find

I picked up this Marvy shave mug and Stag badger brush yesterday evening for $4. The mug is pretty cool. It is heavy plastic which makes it unbreakable, and it has a raised circular ring in the bottom to hold a puck of soap in place. It's white with a bit of red swirled into it.

I've read about these but this is the first one I've ever run across anywhere.

The brush is a Stag B754 and says sterilized badger case 200 on the bottom. Anyone know what badger case means? The knot was molded into the shape you can see in the picture from setting for who knows how long in the mug. After a thorough cleaning with Dawn dish soap and two practice lathers and drying it's starting to form back into it's original shape. The Stag brush is very, very soft.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Very nice find. :thumbsup:

Something like that could definitely get me to fail in the sabbatical.

Note to self:
Stay away from Goodwill.

Nice find! With regards to rejuvenating your brush, you should try the apple/distilled vinegar and glycerin tip found on this page. The vinegar apparently breaks down the soap, and really cleans the brush out. It stinks a little after, but the smell will go away after lathering it up a few times. The original instructional is apparently from Emily Witherspoon who's instructional video can be found here. I recently bought a vintage Ever Ready, and after following the procedure in the video, my brush is sooo soft! The difference is night and day. Good luck and enjoy your haul!

Nice find!!! My dad had a Marvy shave cup that my mom used for coffee ironically. I suppose it was payback for finding her fine china in the bathroom doing extra duty as a lathering device! LOL

Top Bottom