What's new

Goodness gracious, great balls 'o fire - first shave with Cella Bio, and ...

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
OMG is this stuff SLICK! I am blown away by it! Many thanks to Marco for talking up this product. I have never heard Marco bash a product (except perhaps by damning with faint praise); I think he follows the "if you can't say anything nice, keep quiet" policy. However, I have also never seen him get enthusiastic about a product and found it to be anything but tippy-top-tier in performance. It may or may not be a lot of other folks' favorites, it may not have the most popular scent around, but if Marco says it shaves well ... well I know it will shave superbly.

So, after a long hiatus, I bought a few new soaps and since Marco has sung the praises of this one, I tossed it in my cart. Now, I don't have the most sensitive skin, to be sure, but neither am I a leatherneck. Because I had heard so many good things about this, I decided to use my Cooncat Bob Razor (RIP) with the Gillette open comb for the first time in maybe 3 years. I never warmed up to that razor, beautiful as it is, because I always came away with a weeper or two and a little burn on the lower right side of my neck when I went against the grain. I've been using my Merkur 34C-HD daily for the last several years, having bored of razor experimenting long ago.

"Hmmmmmmm." I thought. "Maybe my technique is better now. Maybe this Aloe Vera stuff is supersoap. I wonder if I should try the Cooncat razor again?" OMG, closest shave I've had in a long time, and no touching up, either. Just my standard 3-pass everyday shave, not trying for a date night shave or anything, but I'll be damned if I didn't get one! No weepers or razor burn this time, too. Now, my technique is certainly better, but I have to attribute the quality of this shave to the Cella Bio, because I can honestly say that until today, I have never enjoyed a shave with that razor. I've gotten through shaves with it, but never really had a good time doing it. Until today.

If you have not tried this stuff, you should. There's certainly a surfeit of superb shaving products available to us these days, so no promises this will become your new favorite, but it is certainly a world-class, top-tier product. As usual, Marco comes through again. You could do a lot worse than just search the forum and stock your shave den with all of Marco's favorites, that's for sure.

Cella Bio, Omega boar (one of the B&B anniversary brushes), the Cooncat Bob loaded with a Gillete 7 O'Clock Super Platinum black (India), and Cella after shave splash (not for this one, but the regular Cella Red).

shave-bio.jpg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I think I'm going to stick with the CoonCat Bob all week with this soap. I have unscrewed the weight at the bottom making it still a very heavy handle. I have been thinking of selling that razor for a while now, but without the bottom weight and using this soap ... it just may become a favorite razor. You just never know! :)

I think I'm going to stick with the CoonCat Bob all week with this soap. I have unscrewed the weight at the bottom making it still a very heavy handle. I have been thinking of selling that razor for a while now, but without the bottom weight and using this soap ... it just may become a favorite razor. You just never know! :)
Good to see you back on B&B.

I love both Cella. With a gun to my head I'd probably go with the red as my favorite just because I love the smell. Some day I want to buy a chunk of the kilo block from somebody on BST.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I like the normal Cella, I have not struck the new Cella out here in my part of Australia yet. It gets some pretty great reviews so it must be up there with the best.

Top Bottom