What's new

Goodbye and thank you from APR

Hello shavers. It's Dan's wife here. It is with the heaviest of hearts that I tell you Dan died earlier this year. He was far too young to leave this world and I am utterly bereft.

He was not a man of faith, but should there be a god or gods I am sure they would forgive him and welcome him into the realm of peaceful souls. What I do know is that what remains is atoms. He is in the air and in the stars, and it is ironic that the atoms and elegant molecules in his perfumes contain the essence of his brilliance, creativity, love, and perseverance.

It gives me great comfort to see his fragrances are still remembered and loved, and I hope that those of you who knew or remember him or have had the privilege of experiencing his perfumes and shaving products can spare a moment to reflect and remember the talented, creative, intelligent, witty, mischievous, gentle, kind and loving soul who was the love of my life.

Hello shavers. It's Dan's wife here. It is with the heaviest of hearts that I tell you Dan died earlier this year. He was far too young to leave this world and I am utterly bereft.

He was not a man of faith, but should there be a god or gods I am sure they would forgive him and welcome him into the realm of peaceful souls. What I do know is that what remains is atoms. He is in the air and in the stars, and it is ironic that the atoms and elegant molecules in his perfumes contain the essence of his brilliance, creativity, love, and perseverance.

It gives me great comfort to see his fragrances are still remembered and loved, and I hope that those of you who knew or remember him or have had the privilege of experiencing his perfumes and shaving products can spare a moment to reflect and remember the talented, creative, intelligent, witty, mischievous, gentle, kind and loving soul who was the love of my life.
I am very sorry for your loss. We've lost a huge talent, I will cherish his products for as long as I have them and beyond.

So sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family can stay strong during such a tough time.

I was thinking about Dan earlier in the week when I used Carnivale from Storybook Soapworks.

So sad to loose such a good guy and a great talent. It may sound silly, but his APR products definitely brought/bring a lot of people here joy.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Will keep you in my prayers for strength during this difficult time. God Bless You. Peace be to you.

Wow. What a loss. My condolences.

I'm glad to have purchased several products that are either APR or scents made by him. And I'll tell you this... his talents and his creativity are going to be felt, in the best ways, by the shaving community, for years to come.

His stuff was special. I like to be transported when I do my daily shave routine. It's a time to ... almost meditate. And taking moments like that is just good for our bodies, hearts, and souls. And the creativity and skill that Dan had ... it does something special to make all of those things happen.

His work really would let me go back in time, or around the world, or to a whole other culture.

Like many of us, I'm sure, I'll be remembering him when I use his stuff. And I'll be praying for you, too.

What a loss.
Strength to you ❤️

Thank you deeply for your kind compassion everyone. It means a whole lot to know he has touched the lives of shavers all over the world. as you can imagine it's taking me time to come to terms with such a loss.

@SharpieB Carnevale is one of my favourites.

@sugardaddy your words have touched me, and Dan would be moved to know his creations have taken you on a journey.

Top Bottom