What's new

Good winter fragrance

I know winter is over (for northern hemi) but any ideas on a good winter fragrance for a guy, 30s, professional.

I have in my winter scent rotation Brooks Brothers 1818, AoS Sandalwood (though I prefer it more fall and early spring), and T&H 1805 (I prefer it in the winter when I prefer it at all even though most people seem to regard it as a summer scent). Recently got Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Red (kind of a bay rum-woodsy hybrid) and although I love it, it actually seems a bit light for wintertime.

Definitely looking for something heavier, probably not citric dominated.

AoS Sandalwood...I prefer it more fall and early spring...Definitely looking for something heavier, probably not citric dominated.
If you are looking for something heavier with sandalwood then perhaps you would enjoy Montale Dark Aoud.

www.basenotes.net/ID26132658.html

www.luckyscent.com

The Scoop:

Experiencing Dark Aoud by Montale in its initial stages is akin to walking into a pitch-black room. Just as it takes a while for your eyes to adjust in order to discern the shapes, sizes, and nuances of the objects initially hidden in darkness, so too does it take time to realize that Dark Oud is more than a linear oud.

A minimalist exploration of two powerful accords — oud and sandalwood — Dark Aoud starts out with the smoky, camphoraceous, medicinal aspect of oud on display, accompanied by a dry and elegant sandalwood. A sweeter, softer, and rounder sandalwood comes forth from its initial asceticism, rounding out the oud note’s inky darkness and revealing its soft, even powdery spiciness. Although Dark Aoud gets softer through its long dry down, it remains an intense and mysterious presence on your skin.

Notes: Indian sandalwood, Oud, Black Pepper, Saffron, Vetiver, Teak, Leather, Grey Amber

Burberry London. A Classic. Smells great and is office friendly. But be aware the scent lasts only 5-7 hours...

I will second this. This currently my favorite scent during the three or four weeks of winter we get here in Texas. Because of that it occasionally gets worn during the summer.

From the Creed Website

Master perfumer Olivier CREED’s favorite, Silver Mountain Water evokes sparkling streams of water coursing through the snow-topped alps of Switzerland. A championship skier, Mr. CREED finds relaxation and renewal in this pure and bracing landscape.
Silver Mountain Water's bottle looks like a Swiss mountain topped with virgin snow. Its cap is a glistening silver stream.CREED Silver Mountain Water is invigorating luxury and purity in a bottle.
Classification: Marine Green / Fresh $creed-silver-mountain-water.jpg

I know winter is over (for northern hemi) but any ideas on a good winter fragrance for a guy, 30s, professional.

I have in my winter scent rotation Brooks Brothers 1818, AoS Sandalwood (though I prefer it more fall and early spring), and T&H 1805 (I prefer it in the winter when I prefer it at all even though most people seem to regard it as a summer scent). Recently got Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Red (kind of a bay rum-woodsy hybrid) and although I love it, it actually seems a bit light for wintertime.

Definitely looking for something heavier, probably not citric dominated.

Try a Leather scent. Tom Ford Tuscan Leather is good. For a more traditional take either Trumper or T&H Spanish Leather. For very traditional try Creed Royal English Leather.

Try Narciso Rodriguez, see what you think of it. It's a pretty dense and heavy musk, I don't know if that's the direction you wanted to go or not. Encre Noir would also be a great choice if you enjoy it and can pull it off (I certainly can't), it's a dark vetiver. A leather fragrance would also be a good idea, but I have no experience in them so you'd have to get other people's opinions on those.

Top Bottom