What's new

Good Shaving Stick

Hi Folks, a little help, here, please.

The only shaving soap sticks I have used are La Toja and Arko. However, I see some other affordable sticks and just wondered what your thoughts were on them. I am looking specifically at sticks with high slickness and performance that are less than $10. In no particular order, the ones I found are:
Speick
Cremo
Pacific Shaving Company
Whitebeard's
Arko
La Toja

What do you all think about these? I am using a straight razor, right now, though I have a bunch of nice DE Safety Razors. I have a couple of nice Straights and am a daily shaver. I want something slick that will not leave my face dry.

What do you all think of these? Are there other suggestions?

Or get an empty twist up container from Shave Nation et al, or an old used empty deodorant stick & make your own.

I use and love
Arko & Mitchell's Wool Fat
Cella & MWF
Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti & MWF.

I'll be trying out some new ones after getting the stash i've ordered for my trip to the States... MWF is very hard soap so combined with Cella (or Arko) is excellent, the Varesino & MWF is a very hard stick... so i've ordered some Stirling Sheep which shoudl be softer and should then make great sticks with harder soaps like the Pre De Provence i've ordered ;-)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
If you can find Palmolive Shave Sticks around I would get some of them. They were cheap and it is a great shaving soap. They may be discontinued in some countries but you never know if you look around.

Lea is probably my favourite of the currently available sticks. I find it to be a good performer and I can get it for a very reasonable price in the UK.

However, the blue Wilkinson Sword stick with tallow is fantastic. It is seemingly discontinued though!

The only shaving soap sticks I have used are La Toja and Arko. However, I see some other affordable sticks and just wondered what your thoughts were on them. I am looking specifically at sticks with high slickness and performance that are less than $10. In no particular order, the ones I found are:
Speick
Cremo
Pacific Shaving Company
Whitebeard's
Arko
La Toja

What do you all think about these? I am using a straight razor, right now, though I have a bunch of nice DE Safety Razors. I have a couple of nice Straights and am a daily shaver. I want something slick that will not leave my face dry.

Razorock makes its What the Puck line in both pucks and shaving sticks. Exact same triple milled formula. I use the puck version regularly and it is excellent, easy to build lots of rich slick lather.

Four different scents that sell for $4.99 each in stick version/5.99 in the puck. The Green scent is currently on sale for $2.49 per stick.

Of ones not mentioned already derby is super cheap, I think it is similar to arko. Hasn't speick and tabac been reformulated to be tallow free, are they still good?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

Speick
Cremo
Pacific Shaving Company
Whitebeard's
Arko
La Toja

I've been using Arko almost exclusively for a good while now and prefer it over others. The secret to slickness is hydration. I use a thin wet lather and get excellent results.

La Toja - I love this little stick, slick and nice scent.
Tabac - Little over budget but great value for money, everlasting. And superb slickness.

I've used a few different shave sticks.
Arko
La Toja
Speick
Polmolive,
Arko is my go to shave stick. In my opinion it's the easiest to get a good lather from.

Top Bottom