What's new

Good Sandalwood AS?

Any comment on Geo Trumper's Sandlewood Skin Food? I LOVE the Lime and the Coral (Rose) Skin Food. It does wonders for my shave and for my skin as both a pre and post. Curious about the sandlewood....

-- Dean

Any comment on Geo Trumper's Sandlewood Skin Food? I LOVE the Lime and the Coral (Rose) Skin Food. It does wonders for my shave and for my skin as both a pre and post. Curious about the sandlewood....

-- Dean

I agree :D I am about to buy some and am torn between the GFT and DRH sandlewood.

I'm a big AoS sandalwood fan. Love both the shave cream and asb. The Trumpers sandalwood skin food is very different though. Its a different sandalwood scent, much lighter and sweeter, and does not last as long. The skinfood is also a lighter consistency, not as moisturizing compared to the AoS asb.

AOS sandalwood is a great scent. Although I find it to be a bit greasy compared to QCS balms which are my go-to. Haven't tried skin food but I do love Trumpers sandalwood cologne.

I'm a big AoS sandalwood fan. Love both the shave cream and asb. The Trumpers sandalwood skin food is very different though. Its a different sandalwood scent, much lighter and sweeter, and does not last as long. The skinfood is also a lighter consistency, not as moisturizing compared to the AoS asb.

+1 on TOBS Sandalood AS splash. I love the scent and more importantly SWMBO likes it! It does last a while but it is not overpowering.

-- Dean

I like the GFT Sandalwood Skin Food very much. I have all three of the Skin Food line and I find them to be very effective. In my view, they are a different product than an aftershave splash. I use both and find the SF to be very soothing and enjoyable to use.

Regards,

Doug

honey bee gardens sandalwood splash is the most effective AS I have ever used, it instantly soothes the skin and has a true sandalwood scent.

Perfect with proraso red!!!!!

I picked up a bottle of the AOS balm this weekend. I already use the cream and liked the scent so much that the balm was a nutural choice. Combined the scent is still subtle but lasts all day and leaves my mug feeling like buttah!

If you can get over the sticker shock I would highly suggest you try it out. A little goes a long way. I put one pump (it's a pump bottle) on my fingertip and got coverage of my entire neck and face. Aply while the face is still a little wet and it spreads very well without getting greasy.

If you favor a sandalwood that is on the "darker" side, give Saint Charles Shave Extract of Sandalwood AS. It isn't the typical sweet sandalwood and it is awesome. Available in a splash and a balm.

I'll add to the DR Harris Sandalwood camp. I just got it last week and have been thoroughly enjoying it. Feels great going on, smells great, and sticks around awhile. Its definitely not just sandalwood, but the scent is fantastic and SWMBO can't get enough. Oddly enough, I wasn't sure about it the first time I used it but its been growing on me and now I'm definitely a fan.

Smoov, thanks for that. I have a couple of other SCS soaps and now I think I'll give their sandalwood AS a shot!

Top Bottom