What's new

Good Quality Thermos / Travel Mug?

The Thermos brand SIPP line is fantastic, available with handle or without. Bought my pair at Target, some are in stainless, others are purple. I ended up leaving off the sealing disc and plastic nut that holds it on to simplify daily cleaning, but with that disc it seals and makes it spill-proof and holds the heat for many hours. Worth the money, and the inner stem has a tea bag hook as well. It rocks.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-16-Ou...55911&sr=8-2&keywords=thermos+sipp+travel+mug

Last edited:
Stanley makes some nice ones. I'm pretty sure they're made in China, but the quality seems pretty decent.
I have two of these.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B7...200_QL40&qid=1405392064&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Can't be beat. Kept my coffee hot for hours in neg. Temps. Also left it sitting on a post that day and it was there force mos. in a particularly brutal winter. Not only did it survive, but still looked brand new. I have the 16 oz. In hammer tone green.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
These are my daily users.
1/16oz tumbler
2/16oz thermos bottles
They work incredibly well.

This arrived yeserday. Stanley Master Series 25oz thermos. [emoji41][emoji106]

proxy.php

linty1

My wallet cries.
For me it's those ZOjirushi thermoses here

Zojirushi

Leak proof, keeps hot beverages piping hot for hours and hours, and one handed operation. In fact I would say it does its job a little too well, even after 8 hours the liquid is too hot to drink. A little on the pricey side, but well worth the cost.

Have had a Thermos and Nissin for decades. Both have done a great job and continue to do so.
Then the 36 oz. Yeti rambler bottle arrived on the scene....
...mic drop....

I like my plastic 16 oz mug from Tim Hortons, one of the older models with a rotating seal.
1. It is microwave safe
2. It fits under a Keurig coffeemaker
3. The top does not catastrophically pop off if you drop it on the floor. (some plastic ones will do that)
4. The top has a depression with a hole on the bottom so you can "carburet" the coffee when you sip it. I hate the ones that are like a sippy-cup, with the hole on the rim. (I'm talking to YOU, McDonalds, and the caps on the disposable cups.)
5. The bottom will fit all the cup holders in both of my vehicles.
proxy.php

Sadly, the newer ones do not have a closing seal in the lid. What were they thinking?

My recommendation is an older made in the USA Stanley or Zojirushi.
The Stanleys have been made in China for a while now, and the quality sucks.

I believe that one is made in China. If so, try and get your money back. You will not be happy with it.

I bought a new "Stanley" 16oz green Thermos to bring a couple cups worth of coffee to drink on the train a couple years back. Sure, I'd rather they be made in the USA still, but it functions as intended and seals up tight. Keeps the coffee piping hot for the 14 hours I've let it sit.

well, would be very hard to find anything, not just mugs, NOT made in China. Of course, many say "designed" in USA but the fine print reads "made in China".
I have a few Contigo for years, very happy with them... Zojirushi Food Jar, for a large mouth container, is very nice

Top Bottom