What's new

Good Morning Gentlemen

Gentlemen, good morning from a mildly sunny England. I just wanted to stop by and say hello and give you a little about my background. I began my shaving journey many years ago (too many when I think about it) and I recalled how it was a less than satisfying experience. Sadly I'm the son of an electric shaver devote, yes I know, but I feel I'm amongst friends here so I can admit it!
My father therefore had nothing to pass on to me in regards of shaving tips and techniques. With this in mind as an adolescent when the first strands of hair arrived I was poorly prepared and evev less well armed. I decided to resolve the issue by borrowing my mothers bic and foam in a can and have at it. All was well until I came to my upper lip. Like an idiot I pressed down too hard and carved two perfect circles off my upper lip covering my incisors. I carried out this action under the cover of darkness however the next day the Spanish inquisition began. This began with a denial about what had caused the injury, to a full blown confession to allay my mothers fears that overnight I had become a glue sniffer!!!
Years went buy and I found myself stuck in the rut of cartridge and electric shaver (nature or nuture?) neither of which were satisfying of comfortable.

Some time ago I purchased a straight razor from the bay. I now know it didn't arrive shave ready yet another lesson learned!
At the time I remembered seeing a video extolling the virtues of DE shaving and made a note to look into this further. Well here I am today, patiently awaiting the arrival of my new DE. I'm also due to attend shave school at Truefitt and Hill which I am very excited about. I will report back here my experience on both the shave school and my DE shaves. Thank you gents for this forum. Good advice is never far away.

Welcome to the B&B! I look forward to your posts and hope you look forward to your improved shave life!

valmara1971 welcome mate ! I am certain you will have a wonderful experience! Please don't hesitate to post as you will be almost overwhelmed with responses ! Everyone's goal is to shave mate !

Hello again guys, I'm feeling a little giddy. I have just come off the phone with Truefitt and Hill and I'm booked in to shave school with James this Wednesday at 3pm! I'm so looking forward to it I can hardly wait. Thanks for making me feel so welcome here. I'm going to take my camera along for the ride so may be able to take some post worthy pictures whilst I'm there.:001_smile

Good morning from Missouri and welcome to B&B. I'll be looking forward to your photos and post about shaving school, very interesting.
Sue

T&H shaving school? Looked through the links and didn't find anything, could someone clue me in? Is this available in the colonies?

Top Bottom