What's new

Good inexpensive blade that gives a smooth shave

For me, Feathers (yellow pack) last longest, sometimes ten days each. (I don't have rough stubble I suppose.) But, having tried six or seven brands, I'm joining the chorus for Astra SP. They usually last six or seven days and cost less than half as much as Feather. I did order 50 Tian Li with the the extra bucks I get from the Bay, so if those work well they could replace the Astra. If they don't I was better off using those extra bucks to offset the cost of another hundred Astra SP.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Feathers are pretty cheap when you buy 100 on fleabay. I don't mind terribly using 7 Oclock greens, or Personna blue pack. I use DE blades in a shavette. If I used a DE razor I would want an adjustable for use with the Feathers. Or a New or some other antique razor with a very low head profile. I love the way a Feather shaves, but only if I can have a nice low shave angle. A Feather is not the blade you want for scraping.

Even the best blades are inexpensive there days. GSB 15.25, Nacet 10.99 and 7Oclock Yellow 13.25 for 100 packs.
No need to use lesser quality blades to save a couple of pennies a blade.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
A nice blade right of the wrapper for the first shave is the GSB or Gillette 7 Oclock Black with the GSB lasting a little longer but is smooth and sharp.

For me, Feathers (yellow pack) last longest, sometimes ten days each. (I don't have rough stubble I suppose.) But, having tried six or seven brands, I'm joining the chorus for Astra SP. They usually last six or seven days and cost less than half as much as Feather. I did order 50 Tian Li with the the extra bucks I get from the Bay, so if those work well they could replace the Astra. If they don't I was better off using those extra bucks to offset the cost of another hundred Astra SP.
In fact my first shaves with Tian Li blades were rough, the blade lasted three shaves, might scrape out a fourth. Per cost of shave it's cheaper than Astra SP, but I still prefer Astra SP.

I have a few Feathers that came with my Feather Popular, but those those are quite expensive. Wilkinson Sword Classics work well in my Tech, but they also seem pricey. Does $4 for a 5 pack of Wilkinson Sword Classics, or did Amazon rip me off?
What is a nice smooth blade that is not too expensive? I suppose I could stick to those Wilkinson Swords if I could find them somewhere cheaper...

Shark Platinum work well for me, and Shark SC are almost as good.

I have a few Feathers that came with my Feather Popular, but those those are quite expensive. Wilkinson Sword Classics work well in my Tech, but they also seem pricey. Does $4 for a 5 pack of Wilkinson Sword Classics, or did Amazon rip me off?
What is a nice smooth blade that is not too expensive? I suppose I could stick to those Wilkinson Swords if I could find them somewhere cheaper...

Shark Platinum work well for me, and Shark SC are almost as good.

In the end, all DE blades in bulk are less expensive then what you pay for Fusion carts. Even a tuck will last me longer then a cart, and less money. The questions will always be, how much do you want to pay for so many blades? You might pay $10 to $15 bucks more per 100 between Feathers and TiLian. If you are getting what you want from them, there is the true value.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I like PolSilver SI. I paid around 16 cents a blade from a B&B member, but I don't purchase 5 at a time (400 last time).

I have yet to experience the PolSilver Super Iridium blades! Maggard Razors, where I shop here in Michigan, is currently out and I keep reading in various sources that the PolSilvers are no longer (at least not currently) in production. I will surely keep a look out for them! I bet they would be awesome in my 1960 Gillette Tech!
Cheers!

Much love for Astra SP blades, rightfully so.
I humbly suggest giving Astra Stainless (blue box) a try. Just a tad smoother in my opinion.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have yet to experience the PolSilver Super Iridium blades! Maggard Razors, where I shop here in Michigan, is currently out and I keep reading in various sources that the PolSilvers are no longer (at least not currently) in production. I will surely keep a look out for them! I bet they would be awesome in my 1960 Gillette Tech!
Cheers!

Every so often the "no longer made" rumor goes around. The last time I read it I purchased another 400 blades. As far as I know they're still in production, but I still have about 600 left.

Today I used the apparently worldwide cheapest DE blade "Tian Li Blue Blade" that costs only less than 3 USD per 50 blades.
I'm Japanese,so I bought this with only 317 Yen at AliExpress.

This is terrible.I couldn't decent shave with this blade,but I made so many cuts and nicks.How the trash.

But I'm just a begginer on DE shaving,so I wonder if my shaving way is wrong.
So I want to hear the reviews of mature shavers like the people on this website about Tian Li Blade.
And if possible,I want to know the blades that cheaper or better than this.

Astra SP
Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli Reds)
Gillette 7o/c Yellows

All work very well for me at a reasonable price.

Today I used the apparently worldwide cheapest DE blade "Tian Li Blue Blade" that costs only less than 3 USD per 50 blades.
I'm Japanese,so I bought this with only 317 Yen at AliExpress.

This is terrible.I couldn't decent shave with this blade,but I made so many cuts and nicks.How the trash.

But I'm just a begginer on DE shaving,so I wonder if my shaving way is wrong.
So I want to hear the reviews of mature shavers like the people on this website about Tian Li Blade.
And if possible,I want to know the blades that cheaper or better than this.
The money you save buying cheap blades now will be later spent in blood loss.
There are dozens of blades that people will recommend as their favorites. Nevertheless, nearly everyone will agree that the Aster Superior Platinum is an excellent blade to begin your shaving career.
Which razor are you using, since that may also affect the performance of a blade?
Take a look, too, at this video for some great shaving techniques & tips:

As has been mentioned before:
Lord Platinums
Rapira Platinum Lux
Wilkinson Sword (Indian blades, not the German ones)
Ladas(good for around 3 days for me)
Gillette Nacet(sharp, smooth, lasts 7 days).

Top Bottom