What's new

Good fragrance for under $20?

Tommy Bahama for Men EDT for $19.99 at Marshall's/T.J. Maxx. Really, really nice masculine fragrance...woods, pepper, spice and tobacco notes. One of my favorites! :thumbup1:

I know it was mentioned in this thread, but I got a 125mL bottle of Halston 1-12 for $10 at Marshalls... and it's a pretty good mossy cologne.

Corduroy by Zirh can be found 10$ for 2.5 oz on Ebay. Around 15$ for 4.2

It's definitely a fall scent. Smells great to me.

Zirh Icon is also a good winter/fall scent I like it better then Corduroy and it also cost around $15 at TJ maxx or similar discount stores

For those following the Scented Monkey Habit Rouge debacle, (all others avert your eyes) I just got a reply to my email to them saying they should have honored the price it was listed at, since it was confirmed, and they sent a tracking number, and then said it was "out of stock" when it clearly wasn't. The message just said "You could replace the order and buy it at $47.00". Not sure I've ever seen such bad customer service anywhere, they basically admitted it was not out of stock and that they had lied to me. Unbelievable....

that's something you can take to the BBB

For those following the Scented Monkey Habit Rouge debacle, (all others avert your eyes) I just got a reply to my email to them saying they should have honored the price it was listed at, since it was confirmed, and they sent a tracking number, and then said it was "out of stock" when it clearly wasn't. The message just said "You could replace the order and buy it at $47.00". Not sure I've ever seen such bad customer service anywhere, they basically admitted it was not out of stock and that they had lied to me. Unbelievable....

I know it was mentioned in this thread, but I got a 125mL bottle of Halston 1-12 for $10 at Marshalls... and it's a pretty good mossy cologne.

Saw the same thing, too, over the weekend in Tyson Corners VA Marshalls. I really like this scent, along with its brother, Z14, which may have been selling for the same price. I did not even look, although Z14 is generally available and at a good price. 1-12 has been harder to find. Classic late 70s "power scent" to me. Although they may have damped it down a bit, which is probably a good thing.

Genius stuff when it came out, again to me, and it holds up to my nose in 2011. Of course, part of the appeal to me may be that it reminds me of halcyon days!

Even though a classic, and worn by many in its day, I do not think that it is so familiar as to be able to be worn "ironically," these days!

I have no idea how something so good, that was once relatively expensive, comes to cost so little.

Saw a flask of Dunhill Desire at Marshall's for $30 the other day. I know it's not $20, and the stuff is too sweet for me, but my brother is on his third flask and thought others may be interested.

...I have no idea how something so good, that was once relatively expensive, comes to cost so little.

I believe I've read that much of the cost of fragrances is due to advertising costs. Perhaps since this scent is no longer being "marketed", they can justify lowering the price?

How about:

Drakkar noir- .17 oz for 6.00$ at Walmart
Davidoff coolwater .17 oz for 6.00$ at walmart
Eternity for men Calvin Klein .5 oz 12.00$ Walmart:thumbup1:

I was just at Target and was just looking through their scents when out of the corner of my eye I saw a 2oz box of Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme sitting in the women's section. So I picked it up and it had a clearance sticker on it for $13.24. This stuff usually goes for $57 at Saphora for the 2oz. Needles to say I picked it up. It's a little more flowery than I usually go for but I like it and for the price I couldn't pass on it.

I sometimes see Cool Water Deep/Summer Fizz for $19.99, although I wouldn't really be all that tempted to try them. Dunno why, the original is good enough to warrant some variations I suppose . . .

4 ozs of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur can be found for an uncanny $9.00 at TJ Maxx.

Well, it's been several pages since it's been said, so I think it bears repeating.

I've seen Grey Flannel for $14.99 at Marshall's a few times. Azzaro PH is a whopping $19.99.

Both a bargain at twice the price. Simply fantastic scents the both of them.

Zirh Icon is also a good winter/fall scent I like it better then Corduroy and it also cost around $15 at TJ maxx or similar discount stores

Is that the black bottle? If so, I could not stand that one. One of the few I just couldn't get into.

This whole situation makes me sick. I've sent emails, made phone calls and everything. Simply no response. That's okay, though.

Just picked up a 100ml bottle of Halston 1-12 at Marshalls for $9.99. Blind buy but I figured it's gotta be worth at least that much! Just sprayed a sample on my wrist and I think I'm going to enjoy this quite a bit. Nice, fresh citrusy green opening, drying down to kind of a sweet herbal and pine base. This should make a very nice, summery office scent.

Just picked up a 100ml bottle of Halston 1-12 at Marshalls for $9.99. Blind buy but I figured it's gotta be worth at least that much! Just sprayed a sample on my wrist and I think I'm going to enjoy this quite a bit. Nice, fresh citrusy green opening, drying down to kind of a sweet herbal and pine base. This should make a very nice, summery office scent.
i like the 1-12 much better then the 14-whatever. marshalls has tons of the 14, the 1-12 is a little harder to find

proxy.php

Top Bottom