What's new

Good fragrance for under $20?

Such a poor way to conduct business. Should not have let everyone order, then send shipping confirmations. I'm in touch with the management. It's the idea of leading so many people on. They must have had one bottle, because I saw the post with no replies and ordered right away minutes after the OP made the announcement. They're saying when they get it back in they don't know if they'll honor this price or not. Such crap. Most places have something that updates quantities of stock as it is purchased. And, surely you don't send out confirmation until you know you can honor it. Crappy.

Such a poor way to conduct business. Should not have let everyone order, then send shipping confirmations. I'm in touch with the management. It's the idea of leading so many people on. They must have had one bottle, because I saw the post with no replies and ordered right away minutes after the OP made the announcement. They're saying when they get it back in they don't know if they'll honor this price or not. Such crap. Most places have something that updates quantities of stock as it is purchased. And, surely you don't send out confirmation until you know you can honor it. Crappy.

I'm guessing the confirmation was automatic, and since everyone placed orders over the weekend, nobody was around to notice that people were buying HR like crazy.

I wouldn't be upset, this was obviously a price mistake and nearly all of the time, the business will not honor the price. Nor should they IMHO.

I'm guessing the confirmation was automatic, and since everyone placed orders over the weekend, nobody was around to notice that people were buying HR like crazy.

I wouldn't be upset, this was obviously a price mistake and nearly all of the time, the business will not honor the price. Nor should they IMHO.

Actually, some DID get it at that price. That's the upsetting part of it. One person even called to confirm the price and was told it was all good.

All's I wants me is a little bit of Habit Rouge.

I did not lose anything, unless you count a little hope :sad:.

In most retail, the price marked on the item is considered to be an offer. The offer can be changed any time before the transaction is completed. If the store manager catches a price mistake before you actually check out, he can change the offer.

This situation is slightly different, due to the distance and the timing.

Actually, some DID get it at that price. That's the upsetting part of it. One person even called to confirm the price and was told it was all good.

All's I wants me is a little bit of Habit Rouge.

Mudassir sells decants for a reasonable price.

Are we sure that anyone got it? Some people claimed to get shipping confirmations but later received order cancellations.

I did not lose anything, unless you count a little hope :sad:.

In most retail, the price marked on the item is considered to be an offer. The offer can be changed any time before the transaction is completed. If the store manager catches a price mistake before you actually check out, he can change the offer.

This situation is slightly different, due to the distance and the timing.

But isn't it true that if a price is posted in an advertisement, the store has to honor it lest they be accused of false advertising?

And I could see how a website could be considered an advertisement; it functions like a catalog, and you're not actually in the store when you see it. Kind of an interesting question imo.

I wrote them and told them they can stuff it. If you are out of a product you simply re-order some more... better than losing a customer for something stupid.

Strangely enough mine still appears to have not been cancelled. Did anyone else get a USPS tracking number? Still no update on post office site, but I have another pkg where no update has been made either, that's not too unusual. I can't be the only one?

Strangely enough mine still appears to have not been cancelled. Did anyone else get a USPS tracking number? Still no update on post office site, but I have another pkg where no update has been made either, that's not too unusual. I can't be the only one?

My order has not been cancelled yet either.

I wrote them and told them they can stuff it. If you are out of a product you simply re-order some more... better than losing a customer for something stupid.
They have relisted Habit Rouge at $47 a bottle, so it appears they are not out of it.

Just got my money refunded, they apparently have no intention of honoring the price, even after sending shipping confirmation. Plus Habit Rouge is listed again for over $40, so it was obvious they had it in stock and just did not want to honor the price, will never do business with them again.

I've seen the 2.5oz bottles of Baldessarini at two different Marshall's now for $19.99. This is a great price for this EdT. :thumbup1:

Just got my money refunded, they apparently have no intention of honoring the price, even after sending shipping confirmation. Plus Habit Rouge is listed again for over $40, so it was obvious they had it in stock and just did not want to honor the price, will never do business with them again.

Nor will I.

I just got the out of stock/refund notice as well. I'm crossing this vendor off my list as well.

Top Bottom