What's new

Good fragrance for under $20?

We've had several comments about inexpensive fragrances recently, including some looking for advice. But invariably it's left open as to what is the definition of "inexpensive". So I'd like to be specific - what fragrances do you like that you purchased for under $20 for a bottle (not a sample or a decant) at least 1oz or larger, and where did you make the purchase?

I'll start with a few that I've purchased or seen recently:

Azzaro - 3.3oz - $19.99 at TJ Maxx
Quorum - 3.3oz - 14.99 at TJ Maxx
Grey Flannel - 3.3oz - 12.99 at TL Maxx

A few months ago, I was curious about Pino Sylvestre. I found it online at Perfumania for ~$12 in their clearance section.

The clearance section of their site changes every few months and often includes some popular wet shaver scents. I recently saw Acqua di Selva on there for ~$14

How did you like the Pino?

Meh...

Original Polo green is still my favorite pine frag, but I haven't tried a few other pine scents which just hit the radar thanks to the chief enabler: Evan. :thumbup1:

I'm still waiting for his custom title from the mods: CEO, Chief Enabling Officer

Last edited:
We've had several comments about inexpensive fragrances recently, including some looking for advice. But invariably it's left open as to what is the definition of "inexpensive". So I'd like to be specific - what fragrances do you like that you purchased for under $20 for a bottle (not a sample or a decant) at least 1oz or larger, and where did you make the purchase?

I'll start with a few that I've purchased or seen recently:

Azzaro - 3.3oz - $19.99 at TJ Maxx
Quorum - 3.3oz - 14.99 at TJ Maxx
Grey Flannel - 3.3oz - 12.99 at TL Maxx

Jake, I have bought all three as well, Grey Flannel was not new to me, but the other two were, and I like them all. Azzaro may be my favorite of the three, but they are all worth exploring. Want to do a little more scavenging at Marhsall's and TJ Maxx, love these cheap underappreciated classics.

Last few months;

Tommy Bahama Siguture, 3.4 oz. $19.95 - TJ Maxx
Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts, 3.4 oz. $19.95 - TJ Maxx
Grey Flannel, 3.3oz $11.99 - TL Maxx
Burberry Edt Spray, 1 oz. $19.95 - Stein Mart
Old English Leather, 8 oz. $10.99 - Walgreens
Lavender Eau De Toilette, 2 oz. $12.00 - Saint Charles Shave

For value alone it is hard to beat Saint Charles Shave, I currently own seven of Wendy's colognes. Starting around $12 and topping out at around $30 you can't find a better line.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Patchouli, BayRum, Melaaize, all by SCS. I think $14.99. I need to check Wendys site for sure.

Also I need to add BayRum with a twist.

Though slightly pricier - Acqua Classica Bosari can be had from many places for around $25 shipped.

If you are looking for something AdP like, but don't want to pay the price then this one is certainly worth looking at.

Pinaud Clubman is sold as an aftershave, but the scent lasts a long time. $8.99 for 8 ounces at Sally Beauty.

Brut Cologne, Original Fragrance - 5 ounce bottle. Grocery store buy. It was less than $15.

Quorum EDT - 3.4 ounces from T.J. Maxx. Don't remember the exact price, but certainly less than $20.

TJ maxx regularly has amazing cologne gems, because their buying habits seem to be a mix of ubiquitous scents that the other stores had too much of or what they simply couldn't get rid of (which tends to be very unique) it's my favorite place to bargain hunt. One of my top 5 favorite colognes came from TJ - Tumulte by Christian Lacroix

Meh...

Original Polo green is still my favorite pine frag, but I haven't tried a few other pine scents which just hit the radar thanks to the chief enabler: Evan. :thumbup1:

I'm still waiting for his custom title from the mods: CEO, Chief Enabling Officer

I'll have to check perfumania's site. I really like the Pino. Update: They're out of it. Not showing up at least.

Recently added Halston 1-12 to the collection. $9.99 @ TJ Maxx/ Marshall's.

Last edited:
Last thing I bought was off the bst Juicy Couture Dirty English about $20, the swmbo loves it:thumbup: Need to go and check out marshalls and tjmaxx!

Last edited:
Azzaro Pour Homme - TJ Maxx
British Sterling - Walmart
C.O. Bigelow (several scents) - Bath and Body Works
Grey Flannel - TJ Maxx
Giorgio for Men - Amazon
Giorgio Red - TJ Maxx
Halston Z-14 - TJ Maxx
Halston 1-12 - TJ Maxx
Halston Unbound For Men - Amazon
Quorum - TJ Maxx
Tommy Bahama - TJ Maxx

All were at least 100ml (3.3oz) and less than $20.

On the lower end of the price spectrum, I like the Adidas colognes. Sport Fever is my favourite and I've gotten lots of comments on it over the years.
I just saw Kanon Norwegian Wood for $10 at Winners (like TJ Maxx). Is it normally more than that?

I just saw Kanon Norwegian Wood for $10 at Winners (like TJ Maxx). Is it normally more than that?
I picked up a combo Norwegian Wood EDT and AS gift set at Ross for something like $13.00 last fall. I really like that scent and use it regularly.

Some of my other bargain scents (mostly from Marshalls) include:
Grey Flannel
Quorum
Azzaro Pour Homme
Dirty English
Tommy Bahama
Davidoff Adventure
C.O. Bigelow Elixir Red and Elixir Green (Bath & Body Works)
B&BW Signature Scent Oak Cologne

Last edited:
Great contributions to the "Good fragrance for under $20" list, gents! I should have called it "GREAT fragrances for under $20", as there are so many great ones here. And yes, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Winners in Canada, and another similar to these is Ross. All of these have great bargains, and you never know what they are going to have on their shelves, which is why it's good to check often. And Saint Charles Shave has a great lineup of scents that are always available at great prices.

Thanks for all of your great suggestions, and please keep adding as you think of more. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom