What's new

Good first cigars?

I tried cigars alooong time ago. Never really smoked tabacco etc, just curious after looking at our local place with a large humidor. Love the smell , just want opinions , thank you.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
What flavor profiles are you after? Nice and mild? Bold and in your face? Lots of nicotine or not too much?

There are thousands of different cigars out there, but as a rule of thumb from my experience lighter wrapped cigars with leaf from Cuba, the Dominican Republic tend to be milder, while darker wrappers with leaf from Nicaragua tend to be fuller flavored. Of course there are powerhouse cigars with Dominican and light cigars with Nicaraguan, but odds are a dark wrapped cigar with Nicaraguan filler are usually what I go for as I prefer the bolder end of the spectrum. YMMV greatly.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Lol so to answer your question, a good mild cigar might be an Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Natural, and a strong one might be a Drew Estate Nica Rustica.
I liked em all, depending on my mood. But I gravitated to the darks, usually.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Lighter sticks in the morning with coffee, darker for nights with a dram of scotch.

Thanks for the replies. Will report back when I pick something up. Watched a few cigar daily videos. Among a few others.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I alway recommend a Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivo. Either natural or Maduro. For me, it’s a cigar that is consistent in flavor/construction/burn rate.
It’s moderately priced as well

Well the selection wasn't what I recall where I went and the cigar lounge close to work I forgot about lol. Anyways I picked up an Oliva Connecticut reserve, and Romeo y Juliet's reserve real. They had a few Padron, several Acid and Punch brands, a random few others. Will try them soon. Times at a minimum right now.

Padron, La Gloria Cubana Serie R, Cain Daytona, Holt's Old Henry and Rarebreed. These are not mild in nicotine but if you get too much you just put the cigar down for a while. No sense to me smoking a milder cigar if it lacks flavor.

Found a seemingly good shop to try soon. Also the Oliva Connecticut was tried tonight. Zorro lighter , cheap cutter and all. It was relaxing being outside , and being forced to take my time.
IMG_20210820_233616289_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom