What's new

Good Deeds...

What "Good Deed" did you do today (or yesterday, etc.)?

Yesterday my neighbor's wife told me that her husband was diagnosed with throat cancer, had part of his esophagus removed and was on a feeding tube. I had just seen him a week or so ago and he looked fine. He is barely 40yrs. old and has three young teen age kids. So I decided to put together a "get well" package. I was a little puzzled because I like to give food or booze but clearly that would not work. So I put together a wet shaving package from some of my new, unopened supply including: a Core SE razor, a soap, a synthetic brush, a stand for the brush, a balm, a leather travel case for the razor and a travel size bottle of VIBR. Wrapped it up, put a "get well soon" card on top and dropped it off on their front porch.

If you didn't do a good deed, did someone do a good deed to you?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I was doing the census by internet yesterday. Then I heard a knock at the door. It was my next door neighbor . He asked me if I was well. I said , ‘I’m doin’ just fine.’ Then I ran back in to complete the census. My neighbor was looking after me. He was making sure I was OK. He was making sure that I don’t have the Virus.

This pales in comparison with what is written above but we have a single mom in our neighborhood with a grade school age boy. I became aware the two of them were down to using Kleenex for toilet paper. Twice in the past week I have left a four pack of toilet paper on their step as my treat. She texted me pictures of her son holding the four pack like it was a Christmas gift, big smile and all.

This pales in comparison with what is written above but we have a single mom in our neighborhood with a grade school age boy. I became aware the two of them were down to using Kleenex for toilet paper. Twice in the past week I have left a four pack of toilet paper on their step as my treat. She texted me pictures of her son holding the four pack like it was a Christmas gift, big smile and all.
I don't know if I was supposed to find this hilarious. But I found this hilarious. Good job

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I volunteered at an animal shelter.

Ours...here at home. I fed the cats and looked to make sure the horses were okay.

Nothing earth shattering, just day to day stuff.

I don't know if I was supposed to find this hilarious. But I found this hilarious. Good job

I agree, at some level it is hilarious. The only thing that gives it context is this crazy Corona virus that has everyone confined to their homes. The only thing they have time for is a quick trip to buy all the toilet paper they can find. The mom told me she looked at the four pack of toilet paper, "like it was gold." Seriously.

Last edited:
I met a 30 year old homeless guy on corner a few weeks ago. I decided to give him $2. He asked me how I was doing. I told him I was on the way to a cancer treatment. He told me he was sorry to hear it and that he would pray for me.

He’s trying to get his social security info straightened out and find a job. I told him I’d pray for him.

So, every day I pray for Joshua on my way to treatment. And each day we visit at this corner until the light turns green. It’s a nice way to start the day. With 40 treatments, this relationship will probably cost me $80.

I cracked up today. He was wearing latex gloves, so people would be comfortable handing him money during this virus scare. Smart man!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I agree, at some level it is hilarious. The only thing that gives it context is this crazy Corona virus that has everyone confined to their homes. The only thing they have time for is a quick trip to buy all the toilet paper they can find. The mom told me she looked at it, "like it was gold." Seriously.

I went to the dentist a couple of days ago for a cleaning (they beat the hell outa my mouth) and they had a virus questionnaire before you got in. Things like:

Have you had a fever of over 100 in the last few days
Have you been out of the country lately
Are you at high risk for the virus

I had to check yes on the high risk thing as SWMBO and I are just over the age that is deemed High Risk.

The dentist said I need to stay home, but since I was already there he'd do the cleaning. He said a few times more that I need to stay home.

I don't know what else I can do. I started drawing retirement last year, live 20 miles out of town and the nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away and the closest ones go Moo. I have a pond to fish in, can use the back yard as a shooting range, have internet and several dvds of television series that are not the crap they put out now on the networks. I don't go out to eat, and usually only go to town to get supplies. Been that way for years.

It is getting nuts. SWMBO made a stop at Wallyworld today and they still didn't have paper towels and toilet paper, and the meat counter was empty.

WEAR'E ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!

Chill, people.

People need to get some sense before it comes back to bit them in the....

A bit of rain lately..., so the weeds grow up through the rock cover and I noticed the area between our house and the neighbors (kind of blocked by bushes) and I needed to get in there an take care of our side. It's between two properties with no dividing line. Then I noticed it's all clean - the neighbor took care of his and ours. Nice.

We initially greeted them when they moved in with some pies (Marie Callender's!). Nice family.

My daughter is the CEO of a retirement home. All of the residents are high risk (obviously). Our govt has introduced sweeping support measures to encourage people to stay home. It's working. Last evening, no cleaning staff reported for work, leaving the manager of maintenance and the CEO to clean 13 rooms. She said she welcomed the physical work after a day of crazies. She actually moved in to one of the empty suites for the next few weeks since the home is on total lockdown. She said, "I'm pretty much living here anyway."
Maximum number of people that can congregate is 50 (govt regs) to ensure social distancing. Mealtimes must be staggered to accommodate this. That limit is expected to be revised to 20. And kitchen staff aren't showing up...

Top Bottom