What's new

Good deal?

Someone asked the seller to turn it into a BIN.

The seller did not know he had a Toggle and so didn't realize he was sitting on a (literal) goldmine. Auction was converted, item sold.

So, for my information and future reference, what is an item like this really worth in good - excellent and also fair (user) condition?

So, for my information and future reference, what is an item like this really worth in good - excellent and also fair (user) condition?

They range wildly on ebay, but let's say $200 - $600, depending on condition and the presence of a case and/or original documents. Mint, rare 5 position examples can get $700 - $800.

proxy.php

Sweet- these toggles have sold for 50-60 bucks in the BST for years, seems like flavor of the month!

Flavour of the month indeed. I love mine to death (as I've mentioned every time a Toggle thread comes up) but really the prices are rediculous.
One just sold today for $208. An F-4 in not so great shape.

Flavour of the month indeed. I love mine to death (as I've mentioned every time a Toggle thread comes up) but really the prices are rediculous.
One just sold today for $208. An F-4 in not so great shape.

Actually 2 (or 3) sold today. I keep watching and hoping one will come along that I can afford, but these prices are too rich for my blood. I doubt I will ever find one on the 'bay for a price I can afford unless I get lucky and find a low BIN. I would consider it unethical to ask someone to change their listing to a BIN, but if they listed it that way for a bargain price I'd snap it up. More likely I'll find one at an antique store or estate sale some day.

This one wasn't advertised with the word Toggle, but the presence of the case I think made it go a bit higher.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230592973014&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Last edited:
So, what is the deal with them? I have to guess it is the rarity of the item vs. performance, right?

Some claim they shave better than a Fatboy, but mostly I think it's the rarity, and the fact that they are the flavor of the month. Even if they ARE better they can't be THAT much better.

Some claim they shave better than a Fatboy, but mostly I think it's the rarity, and the fact that they are the flavor of the month. Even if they ARE better they can't be THAT much better.

There are 2 factors that affect the price. The rarity is a big one, probably the biggest one on the whole. I couldn't care less about the rarity. The shave, IMO, is significantly better than a fatboy. I'm sure the other toggleheads here will chime in too, its in a league of its own.

It's not worth that much for just the shave, but it is significantly better, just not THAT significantly

is the price inflation a bubble which could explode like the dow at the stock right now ^^ or will we see rising prices on the vintage razors ?? what do you think??

is the price inflation a bubble which could explode like the dow at the stock right now ^^ or will we see rising prices on the vintage razors ?? what do you think??

I think I see an awful lotta Toggles coming out of the wordwork since the prices went sky high, and that once all the crazy bastards are satisfied the prices should come down. My guess is they'll always demand a good price, but not these crazy prices.

I think for the fairly common razors like Fatboy etc., there is a risk of a bubble. Because of its scarcity, though, people will always be wiling to pay through the nose for a Toggle.

Top Bottom