What's new

Good Day! King C. Gillette combo set

5 out of those 6 blade types are the exact ones I chose to buy in my first sample pack, which I chose after endless hours of reading on here. The Astra seem to be very good for me.

If you’re still looking for a lather bowl, the collapsible silicone bowls are great and relatively inexpensive. Soap and cream explodes into great lather in them and I think you should be able to get one in your area. They were originally sold as travel dog water bowls.
Thanks for your advise. I haven't tried any of the sample blades yet coz I want to try one new thing at a time so that I can tell the difference. After the first 2 razors, I got a 34C, a de89, a 9306, and a bt131. In order to under their differences, I only use the KCG blade now as a reference. The de89 is my favorite so far. Smooth and comfortable.

I'm waiting for the amz delivery of the proraso red pre-shave, proraso green cream, tobs coconut cream. I decided to try something widely discussed that helps me to understand what I really want for the next time. But I can't wait and got a tobs eton after shave splash already from local store. It's because my skin is so dry after using the alum block. I'm not gonna use balm except the coldest days in HK.

I will start lathering with this very cheap brush and the woody from the kitchen. It is used to be my son's rice bowl few years ago when he was a little kid. I want to have the traflagar brush T2 but it's not available yet. I only want to buy from local shops or amz (order over us$49 free ship to hk).
IMG_5475.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

I feel amazing that everybody here say wet-shaving is a journey. Yes. It's now a part of my life and I gave the 2 extra sets of KCG to my friends. Now we have a 4-guys small discussion groups of wet-shaving. So nice that we are all excited like the old school days talked about new video games or sports events.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Thanks for your advise. I haven't tried any of the sample blades yet coz I want to try one new thing at a time so that I can tell the difference. After the first 2 razors, I got a 34C, a de89, a 9306, and a bt131. In order to under their differences, I only use the KCG blade now as a reference. The de89 is my favorite so far. Smooth and comfortable.

I'm waiting for the amz delivery of the proraso red pre-shave, proraso green cream, tobs coconut cream. I decided to try something widely discussed that helps me to understand what I really want for the next time. But I can't wait and got a tobs eton after shave splash already from local store. It's because my skin is so dry after using the alum block. I'm not gonna use balm except the coldest days in HK.

I will start lathering with this very cheap brush and the woody from the kitchen. It is used to be my son's rice bowl few years ago when he was a little kid. I want to have the traflagar brush T2 but it's not available yet. I only want to buy from local shops or amz (order over us$49 free ship to hk).
View attachment 1447929
View attachment 1447930

I feel amazing that everybody here say wet-shaving is a journey. Yes. It's now a part of my life and I gave the 2 extra sets of KCG to my friends. Now we have a 4-guys small discussion groups of wet-shaving. So nice that we are all excited like the old school days talked about new video games or sports events.

Hey look, its Woodie from Woodie's Round Up! Well, when your shaving products arrive in the mail, I hope you have a rootin tootin good oh shave! Yes sir!

I have also read comments about the KCG being similar to the DE/R89, this is not true.
My DE 89 was my only razor for 10 years, and surprisingly, despite the zamak is still in perfectly serviceable condition. My KCG was in use for the last year and a bit. Side by side, the differences are immediately noticeable, and in use, they shave completely differently. The DE89 has a visible larger blade gap, noticeably more blade exposure and frustratingly more blade chatter. Obviously, if these three characteristics are on someone's must have feature list, then, good news, the 89 is for you, if not, then look elsewhere.
I love the sound of blade chatter in the morning 😇

View attachment 1447929
View attachment 1447930

You're hooked, and you brought some good men for company. This manly pursuit gets better with time and experience.

The Captain will officially have you "piped aboard" by the Boatswain!:sailor:

Welcome to the journey and adventure of traditional wet shaving. It's good that you have gotten some of your friends interested. Since we all know your mileage may vary from person to person with different razors. Comparing experiences is how we all learn from each other here.
:jump:

Top Bottom