What's new

Good cream.

I have been a soap guy for about 5 years now but picked up some cream at Body Shop called Maca Root and was pleasantly surprised, are there other creams out there that are comparable price and quality wise, I do like the colonia style scents. I had a tub of Adp years ago but found it overpriced.

Ach. Brito Lavanda is a classic Lavender and they do have a matching cologne (not pictured).

sotd.jpg

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have been a soap guy for about 5 years now but picked up some cream at Body Shop called Maca Root and was pleasantly surprised, are there other creams out there that are comparable price and quality wise, I do like the colonia style scents. I had a tub of Adp years ago but found it overpriced.
Ach. Brito Lavanda is a classic Lavender and they do have a matching cologne (not pictured).

View attachment 1451226

I did a review awhile back of many low-mid priced creams, looking to find the best value. Speick and Lavanda won, it wasn't even very close.

Also, Peregrino FTW.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
For a soft cream my pick is La Toja Classic (red metal tube).

For a hard cream my pick is Cella Extra Extra Bio (blu plastic tub).

I tried Speick and thought it was ok but still preferred Maca Root but only tried one shave with it and the scent was something I can’t explain. Years ago I tried the Musgo Real Lavander and liked it so will probably order the Arch Brito. Thanks

Lavanda is a great cream.

Off topic, one of my favourite scents is the la toja shave stick and cream. @Multum in parvo Does the lotion smell similar? Also does it have menthol?
La Toja aftershave has menthol at a fairly low level. The scent complements the shave stick very well, but it's not really the same. Smells like nice classic aftershave along the lines of a more modern Drakkar Noir, but not so strong or long lasting as that. Good soothing and healing properties, similar to Proraso Green.

La Toja aftershave has menthol at a fairly low level. The scent complements the shave stick very well, but it's not really the same. Smells like nice classic aftershave along the lines of a more modern Drakkar Noir, but not so strong or long lasting as that. Good soothing and healing properties, similar to Proraso Green.
There is even camphor and Eukalyptus now that I looked but I never felt any cooling effect.

Alkohol denat. Aqua Parfum PEG-40 Hydrogenated Rizinusöl Linalool Allantoin Benzophenone-1 Limonen Panthenol Kampfer Eucalyptol Propylenglykol Benzylalkohol Menthol Citronellol Mineralsalze Geraniol CI 47005 CI 42090

I saw the camphor and eucalyptus listed too. I do enjoy cooling splashes hence the interest. But the la toja scent has always been a favorite and the aftershsve is the only product I haven't tried yet. If not cooling enough may add a couple of menthol crystals. Let's see.

I saw the camphor and eucalyptus listed too. I do enjoy cooling splashes hence the interest. But the la toja scent has always been a favorite and the aftershsve is the only product I haven't tried yet. If not cooling enough may add a couple of menthol crystals. Let's see.
If you want a really cooling aftershave splash, just buy Figaro BLUICE (yes, it is without the E). None of the aftershaves I have used is on that level of cooling.

Got the wrong scent, received the almond, guess I had a senior moment when ordering, wanted the sandlewood.

Top Bottom