What's new

Good corduroy pants --- recommend off the rack, and also where made to measure ?

Recommend sources of good quality corduroy pants for someone of average proportions 36 waist / 30 inseam leg length, and also where to buy if instead choosing made to measure.

My desired features:
Color --- chocolate brown
Material --- corduroy
Fit --- normal, neither skinny/slim nor relaxed /athletic
Pleats on front.
Smooth pockets on back rather than square patches sewn onto outside of pants.
No cuffs on bottom of pants legs at shoes.

Finding good looking / good fitting corduroy pants has been challenging. Chocolate brown pants match well with many of of my current shirts and jackets. Pleats are important for me on the front because of the extra room for carrying wallet and phone in front pockets but apparently are out of style and rarely current available. Most corduroy pants have cuffed legs which are personally undesirable.

Also, where else on internet to post this question ?

Thanks,

Bass301

Recommend sources of good quality corduroy pants for someone of average proportions 36 waist / 30 inseam leg length, and also where to buy if instead choosing made to measure.

My desired features:
Color --- chocolate brown
Material --- corduroy
Fit --- normal, neither skinny/slim nor relaxed /athletic
Pleats on front.
Smooth pockets on back rather than square patches sewn onto outside of pants.
No cuffs on bottom of pants legs at shoes.

Finding good looking / good fitting corduroy pants has been challenging. Chocolate brown pants match well with many of of my current shirts and jackets. Pleats are important for me on the front because of the extra room for carrying wallet and phone in front pockets but apparently are out of style and rarely current available. Most corduroy pants have cuffed legs which are personally undesirable.

Also, where else on internet to post this question ?

Thanks,

Bass301

Do you have any tailors or men's shops near you?
I have had a couple of pairs made, and enjoy them very much.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Had Brooks Bros navy and chocolate brown for years, they last a long time, since I wear them only a few times in the winter. Have also some from Ralph Lauren and Gant (not sure if the brand is still around, but they were very good corduroys).

Had Brooks Bros navy and chocolate brown for years, they last a long time, since I wear them only a few times in the winter. Have also some from Ralph Lauren and Gant (not sure if the brand is still around, but they were very good corduroys).

Actually, Gant is still around. I was in New Haven, CT earlier today in search of corduroy trousers. I stopped into L.L. Bean, Gant, and Patagonia.

Corduroys were $49.99, $60, and $90 a pair, respectively. Based on thickness of the material, quality of the stitching, and overall fit, I could not discern a reason for the price differences.

I went with L.L. Bean and using a BIG20 price code (not sure how long the 20% off runs) I got them for $39.99 a pair. Picked up a deep chocolate brown and a lighter "light brown sugar" colored pair. Both were straight fit, which hugs a little closer to the body but does not cut off your circulation like slim fit trousers. Just what I was looking for.

Tim

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
You didn't specify wide or narrow. But i will suggest j crew. Narrow cords with no pleats. Classic but much more modern look.

Top Bottom