What's new

Good coffee... not too expensive - Kirkland brand

I was drinking the Kirkland brand (Costco) Costa Rica which is a very dark roast with some fruity and nutty undertones. Runs under 40.00 for six pounds.

I recently decided to branch out and I went to their Rwandan dark roast (under 50.00 for six pounds), and I find I like it very much. It isn't as oily as the Costa Rican, but reminds me of the coffee I was served in the Philippines, UAE, and Canada (Victoria BC). It is quite bold and robust and oh so smooth.

You can get this online (I do) delivered to your door from Costco.com

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
You can get this online (I do) delivered to your door from Costco.com
Cool.

Is that pre-ground or whole-bean? I normally just buy bags of whole-bean at the Costco store ... either the generic Kirkland (up here in Canada I've never seen Kirkland coffee get more diversified than that ... not like you have access to) or whatever is on sale.

I'll have to check out their website though, as I've never looked for coffee there.

Cool.

Is that pre-ground or whole-bean? I normally just buy bags of whole-bean at the Costco store ... either the generic Kirkland (up here in Canada I've never seen Kirkland coffee get more diversified than that ... not like you have access to) or whatever is on sale.

I'll have to check out their website though, as I've never looked for coffee there.
Whole bean

The Kirkland beans are pretty good.

If you like the Rwandan dark roast, you should also try the Sumatran dark roast.
I have not tried the Costa Rican dark roast.
The Guatemalan beans are a medium roast if dark is not your style.

Although more traditional in taste, the Columbian Supremo is pretty good. It is also a medium roast.

If you are into K-cups, try the Kirkland Pacific Bold. It is a dark roast that lives up to its name. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the Kirkland Medium Roast blend in the yellow box. There are better medium roast coffees out there.

Costco moves a lot of product through their warehousese. I have never known anything to stay on the shelves for long. I do not remember whether the bags are dated, but I suspect they are. The coffee you get should be fresh.

Top Bottom