What's new

Good budget set of shaving soap/gel/aftershave, collogne

Hi, as a first set, I bought quiet luxury stuff, but would like my skin get to use to certain products and stick with it and buy luxury soaps, aftershave only occasionally. Could You recommend specific products? To help small, I like pine, menthol or peppermint scent, also aquatic and rum or whiskey, any stuff like this, could be also tobacco. I don't like much fruity or sandalwood. If you can recommend Your common go to sets that at least bit match with each other, I'll be very glad. Thanks!

Since you like menthol I’d bet Proraso green products would be a nice fit. Stirling would be good to look into as well. They have great prices for great products with lots of scents to choose from - many of them mentholated. They also sell menthol drops you can add to whatever you want.

Since you like menthol I’d bet Proraso green products would be a nice fit. Stirling would be good to look into as well. They have great prices for great products with lots of scents to choose from - many of them mentholated. They also sell menthol drops you can add to whatever you want.
That's great, I already have red Proraso... Sandalwood, but wasn't my cup of coffee, I found Stirling and going to order 3 soaps to try and one after shave. Thanks!

Absolute budget?

Soap: VanDerHagen Deluxe or Luxury (very little scent so goes with any aftershave). Arko is also an option (and I like the shave that it gives) but if I use it too much, it dries my face, and the scent is a bit lemony.
Aftershave splash: Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Aftershave balm: Nivea Sensitive

I've never tried Sterling soaps, but I've heard wonderful things. I just know that these absolute bargain basement items work and (at least for me) work well.

I dont know what Sterling goes for outside Europe, but here it's around 20 euro's a jar. Not really a budget croap.

Palmolive cream, nivea sensitive cream, proraso and Cella would be my recommendation.

That is, ofcourse, ignoring your scent preferences.

Palmolive and Nivea would be neutral, fresh scented, proraso has different flavours, all are good, Cella is almond scented. But they are very affordable here. Most expensive would be Cella at around 7 euro's, the rest are 3 to 5 euro's a tube/jar.

Aftershaves, I have tried many. Alot smell great but I would be perfectly happy using just proraso splashes and balms.

If you like mentholated splashes Aqua Velva blue or Proraso green are great deals and... Basically all you would ever need.

Another vote for Proraso green AS. I also endorse the La Toja shave stick. Those two products will get you a long way to your goal!! :popc::popc:

For menthol, IMO, nothing can beat Proraso Green (menthol and eucalyptus) soap and AS in price. The preshave is also great. I'm using it on every shave and it can be used as a post-shave also. Actually, it is a pre- and post-shave cream.
If you can't find good prices in Czech, check dambiro.de and rasoigoodfellas.eu.
Yourshaving.com in Spain also have good prices.

Top Bottom