What's new

Good brush for someone with trigger finger?

We need more information, guy. What brushes do you already have? What is your budget? How do you lather? WHAT do you lather? What brush attributed do you like? Etc etc

How about this, comes in different finishes also.
proxy.php

It's not for me, it is for my father. His finger locks up from time to time. He is not an experienced wet shaver. I have been using a Semogue 1250 and it works pretty well although I often notice my own fingers hurt a bit from holding it awkwardly. I got a Semogue 1470 for my father but it looks way too small to use.

He doesn't need the world's most expensive brush, or the world's finest badger hair. A good boar brush with some backbone should be fine.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's not for me, it is for my father. His finger locks up from time to time. He is not an experienced wet shaver. I have been using a Semogue 1250 and it works pretty well although I often notice my own fingers hurt a bit from holding it awkwardly. I got a Semogue 1470 for my father but it looks way too small to use.

He doesn't need the world's most expensive brush, or the world's finest badger hair. A good boar brush with some backbone should be fine.
That sucks. No recommendations though. There has to be someone on here that has the answer!

Omega 10098 if he likes bigger brushes
Omega-10098-Boar-Hair-Black-Handle-Shaving-Brush-768x768~2.jpg

Semogue 2000 is terrific, too. Medium sized. Best all around boar I've personally used and the handle was very comfortable to me.
Semogue-2000-Beech-Wood-Handle-Boar-Shaving-Brush-22mm-768x768~2.jpg

Maybe a Yaqi Cola. This is a smaller synthetic brush (22mm) on a longer handle...

1606244720917.png

Omega 10098. Warning, this brush is large (similar knot to the Omega Pro 48)

1606244845260.png

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I had an op as a kid to free off five trigger fingers, so I know how unpleasant it is. However, every shaving brush I've ever owned, has been large enough that I wouldn't have had an issue, as mine only locked if I made a fist, or was gripping something like the chains on a swing. Bike handlebars, and anything wider, was no issue. It sound like your fathers trigger point is different. I'd suggest asking him to hold a bunch of pencils, take a few away and try again, and see at what point it becomes uncomfortable for him. That way you can work out what diameter the handle needs to be bigger than, and check the sales specs (or with folks here) before ordering.

Top Bottom