What's new

Good boar for Italian soaps

As I mostly find myself reaching for an Italian soap for my shaves these days I feel the need to try a boar brush as my badger can seem a bit floppy.I like a bigger brush and I'm sure I'll go for an Omega , but which one? Any thoughts? :thumbup:

For face or bowl lathering - Semogue SOC, 1305 or 1460.
For face lathering only - Semogue 620.
I use Italian soaps (Cella, P.160 and Acca Kappa 1869) almost exclusively (except for when I need a little MWF love on my face!).

There's something cool about using an Omega boar w/your Italian soaps - I have a Rudy Vey custom with an Omega knot that I might reach for. Though, I generally prefer Semogue boars (the 830 or SOC are excellent choices).

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
With the Italian soft soaps I definitely prefer my Semogue boar brushes (SOC, 1800 and 1250).

Do you feel they outperform Omega? Out of interest what brush would an Italian barber use Marco? :001_smile

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Do you feel they outperform Omega? Out of interest what brush would an Italian barber use Marco? :001_smile

Steve, Omega brushes are excellent. Really nothing wrong about them. It is ONLY my personal preference regarding Semogue over Omega. If you want to know what an Italian Master Barber would use, just give a look at my thread "Cella Vs Cella, what I believe" (post number 18).

As I mostly find myself reaching for an Italian soap for my shaves these days I feel the need to try a boar brush as my badger can seem a bit floppy.I like a bigger brush and I'm sure I'll go for an Omega , but which one? Any thoughts? :thumbup:

I have been really happy so far with my Omega 31064, great brush to use with soft Italian soaps.

I'll second SSGDPM. My Omega 31064 coupled with Cella soap is just heavenly. The Pro 49 is good too, but the 31064 just seems like it's made for Italian sapone.

Jeff

My SOC and Cella go together like almond butter and port. Actually, I'm not 100% sure how that combination would go...sounds interesting. But anyway, SOC+Cella=definitely good. :lol:

I have this one;
Omega #20102 - Wood Handled PROFESSIONAL Model - Another Big Bruiser

from shoeboxshaveshop 15 bucks. very nice handle.

Boys thanks for all the input.Some good suggestions there and I've decided to go for the Omega Pro Boar 20102. Looks like a nice big brush. :thumbup1:

I got a Semogue 1305 recently and have been really enjoying it with my Art of Shaving sandalwood soap (made by Valobra). It seems to be the perfect marriage.

Top Bottom