What's new

Good all around scent??

I'm going to post this in the General section as it pertains to at least two different categories, Shaving soaps and Cologne/Aftershave.

I had my Aquisition Disorder on a bunch differnt soaps, scents, etc. What happened was I used to be a Cool Water man before I got into wet shaving. Shortly after I got married my wife decided that she was "tired" of the Cool Water scent and thought I should switch to something else. I've run the gambit of more fragrances than I can count and have ended up personally liking some of the "old standards" like Old Spice, English Leather, Pinaud Clubman and Bay Rum. To those my wife tells me I "smell like and old man". One favorite that she and I actually agree on is the KISS Him fragrance. Unfortunately it is getting harder and harder for me to find. It was my every day cologne for quite a while but they never put out a shaving soap.

Anyway, what I would really like to find is a good "modern" fragrance, that comes in many different forms like cologne and aftershave but also in a shaving soap as well. I know this used to be very common but I've been comming up empty lately. Any suggestions????

-80s

P.S. Forget Crabtree and Evelyn, the wife says Nomad smells just like English Leather to her and I hear they've discontinued the Sandlewood and Sienna.

I am a big fan of the Musgo scents, but they can also be described as a bit old-manish.

I suppose the same would apply for my other recommendations: Taylor's Eton College, and T&H 1805.

If you liked the KISS scent you should try.........God of Thunder or the Shock me scent..... sorry couldn't pass that up I am a huge KISS fan

On a serious note I like the C and E Nomad I also like alot of the scents by Curve "Soul" is my personal favorite

Tabac has AS, EDT, EDC, soaps, shower gels and the like. I really enjoy it's scent but your wife may not based on her other dislikes. Kind of leathery and powdery and herbal.

P.S. Forget Crabtree and Evelyn, the wife says Nomad smells just like English Leather to her and I hear they've discontinued the Sandlewood and Sienna.

I love the Sienna, but it doesn't seem to last long (the cologne or ASB -- have both...) -- I thought it was only the Sienna soap pucks that were being discontinued and that the rest of the line was still "up and running"; at least that's what I was told a few days ago at C&E...

You might look into Dunhill for Men (vintage); there's nothing (I don't think) but the cologne, but I think you'll find you outgrow needing to match the soap with the AS with the EDT since the soap and AS smells don't really linger ayway.

It's very very affordable, smells great and classic, and it's pretty far removed from the Clubmans of the world.

"New West" skinscent, by Aramis.

proxy.php

Hey thanks for all the great suggestions!!!!!

I love the Sienna, but it doesn't seem to last long (the cologne or ASB -- have both...) -- I thought it was only the Sienna soap pucks that were being discontinued and that the rest of the line was still "up and running"; at least that's what I was told a few days ago at C&E...

Well if this is the case I might end up dragging her into C&E and making her decide between the Sandlewood or Sienna. They're only discontinuing the pucks but not the cream in the tube right?????

Thanks again to everyone!!!

Sex Panther

Sex panther is a cologne. It is a manly cologne. So don't even try wearing it if you're not manly, because it will melt your face off like ladies undergarments in a 1977 Trans-Am Special Edition.

You could also try one of the Lime colognes like GFT and layer with any lime soap (HBS, MB, QED, GFT). Lime is sort of fresh and clean and not really old mannish. Someone else mentioned SCS, which has a number of colognes and AS they sell with shaving creams and shaving soaps with matching fragrances.

Top Bottom