What's new

Gonna try to catch a game at AT&T Park in SF this weekend

Heading to SF for vacation and wondering about tickets for games against the Rockies this weekend. Have they been selling out? Any advice on where to sit, food to try, or anything to maximize the experience here? The only other stadiums I've seen are Fenway and The Trop in St.Pete; both ends of the spectrum, I think.

At&T is one of those "not a bad seat in the house' places, even the upper deck sections have great sightlines and a fantastic view. Just remember that summer in SF means warmish days and glacial evenings, especially down by the water - if you take in a night game, expect the temperature to drop 20 or more degrees quickly.

At&T is one of those "not a bad seat in the house' places, even the upper deck sections have great sightlines and a fantastic view. Just remember that summer in SF means warmish days and glacial evenings, especially down by the water - if you take in a night game, expect the temperature to drop 20 or more degrees quickly.

+1. However, it is not as bad as Candlestick Park was.

Last time I was out there I managed to get tickets on game day. However, I recommend getting tickets in advance or be prepared to pay extra if they are in demand. The Giants have a system called "Market Pricing" where prices fluctuate due to market demand and supply. At times ticket prices can double on the weekends.

+1. However, it is not as bad as Candlestick Park was.
+1 to this. I'm from Louisiana. I went to a couple of Giant games at AT&T and then to see the Saints preseason game at The Stick in August a few years ago. All games were in the evening. The games at AT&T were comfortable weather-wise. The football game at Candlestick was quite cold. I had to wear a sweatshirt and wish I had a coat at football game...in August.

The company I worked for had a regional office near SF airport. One night in August I was invited to a night baseball game in Candlestick Park. I had a sport jacket on and it was freezing. By the sixth inning fog rolled in and you could barely see the field.

I'm debating whether to bring any shorts at all, aside from workout shorts, on this trip. As much as I have been warned to dress smartly for the weather, I'm thinking it'll still be a shock to my FL system.

Really looking forward to a game here. The park looks so fan friendly.

I'm debating whether to bring any shorts at all, aside from workout shorts, on this trip. As much as I have been warned to dress smartly for the weather, I'm thinking it'll still be a shock to my FL system.

Really looking forward to a game here. The park looks so fan friendly.

San Fran is cool, I always take a.jacket for daytime. Keep the shorts.in Florida.

I liked the garlic fries when I went there (back when it was Pac Bell and Barry Bonds won it in the bottom of the 9th on a solo HR). Its a great place to watch a game.

We should have gone down today! Beautiful day for an afternoon game! The family wasn't too excited to move after crawling up Powell St. to Nob Hill, so we're having Dim Sum in Chinatown. I don't know if I want to watch James Shields anyway. Saw enough of him in St. Pete.

Several years ago, the NL West played the AL East in interleague play. We got to see Bonds play in that incredible year he had before Balco. He was unreal in BP, sending ball after ball deep into the right field seats.

Wow! Great park, atmosphere, fans, beer, (Lagunitas IPA, please!), and comeback by the home team! We caught a great day with sunshine and bay breezes. Lincecum started, but was having control issues before taking a line drive off his pitching arm and leaving the game, down 3-0. Giants came back, though! I also got some great World Series socks courtesy of Johnsonville - lol! Missed Hello Kitty giveaway today. Really enjoying this city!

Top Bottom