What's new

Gone but bot forgotten

It takes me a very long time to use up a soap. Last year I finished a puck of Williams and one lump of my home-made lemon scented soap, and got about half way through a puck of Col. Conk Amber (that also has some home-made soap stuck in it). The Conk will last through January I think, maybe into Feb, and then I need to use up some of the rest of my home-made sandalwood scented soap as it's going rancid. I'm guessing that will last until September or so (250 shaves or more).

Properly used, soaps last a very long time for most people (I do a two or three pass shave, depending on blade condtition) and keep any left-over lather for the next shave. Typically get six months on a 50 gr puck. It's very easy to buy a lifetime supply of soap just trying out scents.....

Properly used, soaps last a very long time for most people (I do a two or three pass shave, depending on blade condtition) and keep any left-over lather for the next shave. Typically get six months on a 50 gr puck. It's very easy to buy a lifetime supply of soap just trying out scents.....
I'm with you. Since I started loading everything as if it were a stick. The fastest that I've ever gone through anything was a puck of Haslinger in a bit over 8 months. I actually find that I get better shaves with less soap as the lather tends to be better hydrated. Three passes every day.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Just finished the last shave of a puck of Haslinger Shafmilch and opened a new one from my back stock. also finished the last few drops of Bootlegger's Original Bay Rum and have already made more.

2018 ---- finished Cella and Haslinger Schalfsmilch. Both very nice, but will probably not buy again,
as there are so many more to try ! --- I'm currently enjoying Stirling and RazoRock soaps, and constantly
getting fantastic shaves with both (Stirling Barbershop and Bay Rum and RR Emperor and Tuscan Oud).
Life is too short to limit oneself to one or two soap makers ----- Too many out there to enjoy !

Top Bottom