What's new

Golf: Post Your Score

Golf is a good walk spoiled.

With that in mind, I figured I’d start this thread for any golfers who want to publicly post their shortcomings or occasional miracle on the course. Please note that posting in this thread in no way counts towards your USGA, R&A, or World handicap.

86 at Brookside CC in Macungie, PA. My index is at 12.6 right now and this was one of my better rounds this year. Had one birdie on a long par 4 and hit the last 4 fairways after a mid-round grip change. Things are looking up!

38 at Spring Creek GC in Hershey, PA. It’s a short 9 hole par 33 course. Just enough time to sneak out after work and play 9 as the sun sets. Had 2 birdies, which is unusually productive for me. Made a mistake taking driver when I didn’t need to and played into a hazard. Also went over a par 3 where you do not want to be and ended up with a triple.

Nice round, can’t complain.

Spent the last week in Birmingham playing several courses on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. My best score over four rounds was a 72.

It was on the short course at Oxmoor Valley, par 54

TheShaun

Bejeweled
Whooo golf! I love golf. Play about 40-50 rounds a year. I suck for as much as I play. I'm a 13 index. Shot 91 at Chambers Bay this past weekend. 5 three putts and 3 tripples! Fixed their greens my @$$ (OK fine, it was my lousy putting :))

I haven't played golf since a pretty cold 2-man scramble back November 10. Can't wait for Tampa golf trip in about 6 weeks. I hate winter.

I'm 74, and have played the game since I was about 12 years old! I coached the high school team for 20 years at the school where I taught. Since retiring I've played twice a week, about 40-45 rounds per year (I live in Ohio where
the season usually ends sometime in November). My handicap hovers around 10, and it has been as low as 8.6 (a few years ago. My big accomplishment this year was that I shot my age for the first time (a round of even par 71 at Chippewa G.C, near Toledo, Ohio). As my handicap indicates, I don't shoot that kind of score often, but it was one
of those days when everything worked!!

I snuck in a rare February round today in Eastern PA at Brookside Country Club. Started off with a string of doubles and a triple and finished with another triple. Played some fair golf in between for a 94. It could have been 194 for all I care, it felt great to play even if the temps topped out in the low 40’s.

I see this isn't the most active thread but it's nice to see some other golf enthusiasts on here. I'm not the greatest golfer out there but I always enjoy a good round. I live in Alabama less than a mile away from one of the gems of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, RTJ at Capitol Hill. The golf courses are still open here in Alabama with some special precautions due to the COVID19 situation. I played the Senator course on saturday and shot 91 and today played the Legislator course and shot 92. I am pretty pleased with those scores having not played much over the winter due to the wet weather.

Spent the last week in Birmingham playing several courses on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. My best score over four rounds was a 72.

It was on the short course at Oxmoor Valley, par 54

Do you play the RTJ courses often? I live near Montgomery and play Capitol Hill all the time and have made drives to Greenville and Auburn/Opelika on occasion. My parents live 2 miles from the Hampton Cove location which I used to play when I was home from college. I'd like to get to the Birmingham courses once this social distancing ends.

I see this isn't the most active thread but it's nice to see some other golf enthusiasts on here. I'm not the greatest golfer out there but I always enjoy a good round. I live in Alabama less than a mile away from one of the gems of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, RTJ at Capitol Hill. The golf courses are still open here in Alabama with some special precautions due to the COVID19 situation. I played the Senator course on saturday and shot 91 and today played the Legislator course and shot 92. I am pretty pleased with those scores having not played much over the winter due to the wet weather.

Nice to see some other golfers getting out and playing! In PA our courses have been closed for weeks and will be through 4/30 at least. I have a simulator, so I’ve been playing by hitting into a net in my garage. Still tinkering with my swing, but definitely feel like I’m in a good place for when I can get out and play.

I'm lucky I can still keep playing here in CT as courses in bordering states are closed. I have not played well and seem to shoot low 90's no matter what, but glad to be out walking and getting some fresh although cold air.

I’ve played three 18’s since the lockdown ended in PA on 5/1. 85/97/85. Looks like the bubble is about to burst on my 13 handicap, but was happy with the two 85’s.

I'm still getting out for 18 each weekend and recently a quick 9 on a weeknight. I seem to shoot an 85 and then a 95, but I will probably stay inconsistent until I start hitting the range and practice green at least once or twice each week. Oddly the low scores were in tournaments so maybe I need the pressure lol.

No golf for 6 weeks due to the coronavirus shutting down our courses so I was thrilled to get a round in at Broadmoor CC in Indianapolis. Not a great round, but I’ll enjoy my 89 and look forward to getting my swing grooved in over the next few weeks.
0FBF8386-1C71-4B36-84CD-0A8F7DFFD948.jpeg

Well I managed an 82 last weekend for a net -3. Easily my best round in the last 2 years. Let’s keep it going! Courses have been packed in PA/NJ since reopening.

Shot 83 last weekend. Lowest round this year, but was a bit disappointing. I walked off 9 only 3 over and things immediately went downhill. Inbetween 9th and 10th I was stung on my right eyelid several times by a yellowjacket or something that got stuck under my glasses. The pain in my eye wasn't too bad so I kept going, but the back was marred by some of the worst bounces/breaks I've ever had and pouring rain for several holes. I did par 17 and 18 to finish with the 83. Was supposed to play again the next morning, but when I woke up I couldn't open my right eye lol. Several days of Benadryl and Ibuprofen have pretty much cleared it up.

Back to back 89‘s the last two weekends. Didn’t strike the ball well, but I’m putting better and no triple bogeys in the lady round. Need to get some range time.

Top Bottom