What's new

Gold Rockets: US and British

Gold FlairTip and Rocket
img_1535.jpg
IMG_7575.JPG

Besides the handle it is the only US made Gillette to use British style endcaps. The American Rocket far as I know if yours isn't one of those 2 way over priced ones on ebay would make 6 I know of besides the one I own. There are probably more than that but they are pretty scarce if the production date of only during 49 is correct. I don't know what you paid for yours but I paid a little under $100 for mine. Out of curiosity does yours say Pat Nos on Pkg or Package under the center bar?

Here are some pics of mine which is user grade and has a lot of shave time on it from the looks of the condition.
View attachment 926855 View attachment 926856

Personally I like the way this razor shaves, you would be remiss to not at least use it once in awhile. Besides It looks like yours was re-plated so I wouldn't even be concerned about using it if is. It will be more durable than the original gold wash.
I guess mine and Matt's makes the rumored total of 9 in existence. Mine says Pat Nos on Package. Attached is a pic of mine. Shaved one time with it.American Rocket 001.JPGAmerican Rocket 003.JPGAmerican Rocket 001.JPGAmerican Rocket 003.JPG

Top Bottom