What's new

Gold Gillette FatBoy

How common are the gold gilette fatboys? I have only seen one or two whereas I see tons of the silver ones.

I assume they shave the same, but is there any difference other than the color? Higher value?

hench

I'm not sure but I think the Executive (gold Fat Boy) was only produced in '58 and '60, at least those are the only date codes I've seen. They sold for $5.00 instead of the $1.95 for the Fat Boy's.

The Executive has a slim style knurling.

proxy.php

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
So the gold fatboy is an Executive?!! O.k. I seen on eBay one going for 700
Yes and no. It has to have slim style knurling. There's replated gold fatboys out there.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Note the cross hatch on the nickel fatboy and the horizontal lines on the Executive adjustable
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Note the cross hatch on the nickel fatboy and the horizontal lines on the Executive adjustable

Wow that head has some twisted parts in your top photo. End plate is so crooked it's holding one door open!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
IMG_9273.JPG
More necroposting, of threads I'd read back in 2010 or so .. I still don't appreciate the gilded Gillettes, I have one here but never use it - somehow I think the gold finish washes off easily, as they are usually found .. I should probably let this one go, but it is pretty ..

View attachment 974424 More necroposting, of threads I'd read back in 2010 or so .. I still don't appreciate the gilded Gillettes, I have one here but never use it - somehow I think the gold finish washes off easily, as they are usually found .. I should probably let this one go, but it is pretty ..
It does wash off easily in certain cases. I've used a NOS Slim Aristocrat in the past and had Nickle showing through after 6 months of light usage.

kindly tell whether this one is Gillette Executive or Gillette Gold Aristocrat as the case says. what could be fair price. the person selling this razor is saying its Gillette Executive gold plated.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 22
  • razors.jpg
    razors.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 20
R

romsitsa

kindly tell whether this one is Gillette Executive or Gillette Gold Aristocrat as the case says. what could be fair price. the person selling this razor is saying its Gillette Executive gold plated.

It's an Aristocrat (gold plated Slim Adjustable) in a seemingly decent and complete set.
If you look at it as a collectors item, check completed listings on ebay.
If you look for a razor to shave with, the Aristocrat is the same as the nickel plated Slim.

Adam

It's an Aristocrat (gold plated Slim Adjustable) in a seemingly decent and complete set.
If you look at it as a collectors item, check completed listings on ebay.
If you look for a razor to shave with, the Aristocrat is the same as the nickel plated Slim.

Adam
Thanks a lot for quick reply. it really helped me out.

Top Bottom