What's new

Gold Gem?

I'm not one to usually put up with posts about stuff found on eBay but look at this :eek:

Wow but that's cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a push-button Gem I believe. I don't think they're gold plated. Might be.

But they're fairly common and from what I've read, there are much better Gems.

Yes, I have several of them including two gold ones. They mostly came with groups of razors that I bought on Ebay where someone has a "seventeen razors for one bid" type of auction.

I am a single edge fan, but I don't really feel that these push button Gems are one of ASR's better efforts. I've shaved with them but was unimpressed.

Regards,
Tom

V

VR6ofpain

Do you like the razor design, or are you more into the colors? I have one where all the plating is gone. Looks virtually like nickel and black. Want it?

just bought 2 gems (silver feather&gold push button) for $6 on the Bay!!! yet to use them...... still getting the hang of the DEs I own. besides Ted Pellas, what single blades are good to use?? local stores sell Treets and Gems!!!

just bought 2 gems (silver feather&gold push button) for $6 on the Bay!!! yet to use them...... still getting the hang of the DEs I own. besides Ted Pellas, what single blades are good to use?? local stores sell Treets and Gems!!!

The Treets and GEMs should both be good ones to use.

I use Treets and found them to be very good. They are carbon steel blades and will rust stain. I wipe mine off after using my razor and that helps.

That's a push-button Gem I believe. I don't think they're gold plated. Might be.

But they're fairly common and from what I've read, there are much better Gems.

Can someone explain "push-button"? Does this mean you push a button to get the lid to flip open?

Can someone explain "push-button"? Does this mean you push a button to get the lid to flip open?

Right . . . there is a plastic button right under the head. When you push it from the back, the blade cap flips up. When you push it from the front, the blade cap closes.

Regards,
Tom

Top Bottom