What's new

Gold Flair Tip Super Speed

Am in the same boat. Saw this on the Bay and couldn't resist.
Screenshot_2019-10-22 3 Vintage Gillette Safety Razors B 3, Y 2 Pat On Package 2 Gld 1 Silver ...png

Haven't found anything about a gold red tip.Screenshot_2019-10-22 3 Vintage Gillette Safety Razors B 3, Y 2 Pat On Package 2 Gld 1 Silver ...png

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Said gold tone in description. Have been looking for red tip anyway.
I don't think theres a gold red tip. It's probably old soap on it or maybe even the brass showing through. Best of luck tough! Looks like it will clean up nicely.

Kind regards

I don't think Gillette made any good super speed razors did they? I've not ever seen one but I could be wrong.

Turns out that the gold tint probably occurred in container in which they were stored. Or possibly (Heaven forbid) they were tinted with a gold transparent glaze intended to dupe someone. It came right off with scrubbing bubbles and a light brushing. The red tip is very nice. The super speed cleaned up nicely also. The flair tip heavily used but function correctly. Very happy.!

I was wondering what all the gold talk was about. Looked like a garden variety Super Speed (albeit a dirty one) on my screen. Did Gillette ever make a gold plated SS?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I was wondering what all the gold talk was about. Looked like a garden variety Super Speed (albeit a dirty one) on my screen. Did Gillette ever make a gold plated SS?

Yes, but you sure don't see very many. There was a Sportsman Set which had a gold SS. I believe there is a Gold Rocket also.

Top Bottom