What's new

Gold Dollar - Models

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Gold Dollar 66
13/16 Dutch (round) point of carbon steel with stabiliser and plastic scales.

s-l400(1).jpg

s-l400(4).jpg

s-l400(2).jpg

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Gold Dollar (Gold Monkey) R10

13/16 Dutch (round) point of medium carbon steel without stabiliser and with blue resin scales.
s-l400(18).jpg
s-l400(19).jpg
s-l400(20).jpg

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Gold Dollar W89

6/8 Dutch (round) point of hardened carbon (stainless?) black anodised steel without stabiliser and with metal scales.
s-l400(26).jpg
s-l400(27).jpg
s-l400(25).jpg

Has anyone seen these models for sale on the internet? I could only see it on the alibaba website and on a south africa website (bundubeard). Has anyone seen it for sale on aliexpress or ebay?

Attachments

• GoldDollarmodels.jpg
    GoldDollarmodels.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 38

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
The GD model range offered on eBay and AliExpress is rather limited.

You can order them on Alibaba from Ningbo Gold Dollar Razor & Scissors Manufacture Co., Ltd. as many of their SR models are MOQ 1. Unfortunately the shipping cost may make it prohibitively expensive for an order of one. They normally ship EMS which is reasonably fast but not cheap.

Best you chat with Cici of Ningbo Gold Dollar Razor & Scissors Manufacture Co., Ltd via Alibaba. She might be able to organise a cheaper shipping method for you.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Those are P-81, 66, and 100 models, dressed up with better finish and nicer looking scales, so they can sell them for 5x what the base razor sells for. I suggest getting a couple of P81 or maybe 208 razors, and maybe a couple of sacrificial 66 razors to practice on. You can always polish and re-scale if you want purty.

Best you chat with Cici of Ningbo Gold Dollar Razor & Scissors Manufacture Co., Ltd via Alibaba. She might be able to organise a cheaper shipping method for you.
Funnily 'cici' in Mandarin translates to thank you in English. Somehow I doubt it is her real name. Maybe she has a bizarre sense of humour?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
That w-59 looks HOT!! I wonder how it shaves compared to the other models?
I have a couple of W59s left over from the 11 I purchased over the past few years direct from Ningbo Gold Dollar. They are my most favoured SRs due to their saving ability and the skill needed to use them. Keeps my concentration up.

IMG_20211223_165339.jpg

IMG_20210203_140531.jpg
Many uses dull the toe. I keep mine pointy and sharp.

I have a Gold Monkey (a 6/8 Gold Dollar). It is a terrible razor. The spine is ground crookedly and the edge is warped. I got it for free to cut pills and it is so thick behind the edge it won't do that. A honemeister told me that is more common than not. I wonder if getting a shave ready Gold Dollar from Razor Emporium, or some place that has gone through and hopefully picked out the good ones and then sharpened them, would be a good idea?

Top Bottom