What's new

Gold Dollar Mod Competition 2017 Unlimited Class official entries list Poll: Voting closed

Gold Dollar Unlimited Class Poll

• No 01

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • No 02

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • No 03

Votes: 15 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The competition this year was a good one. In the Unlimited class It always impresses what can be done with a little creativity and craftsmanship. Well done to the Unlimited Modders here at Badger And Blade and Congratulations to the entrants on a job well done! The following is the list of official entries to the 2017 Unlimited Class.

Now its over to the members to cast their votes to pick a winner in the Unlimited Class.

Countdown begins so cast your votes YOU HAVE ONE WEEK ONLY!!!

So without further ado sharpen your wits and cast your votes.

Smattayu

No 01
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Mikael

No 02

img_20170615_150655-jpg.800236

img_20170615_152724-jpg.800238

img_20170615_151522-jpg.800239

img_20170615_153537-jpg.800240

Dilbone

No 03

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks to all and Good Luck.
Well That's All Of The Eye Candy Now Cast Your Vote Please.

I guess my entry is disqualified because it it not listed here. No one gave me a PM or anything for the reason I am not eligible to enter this competition.
First I thought that there were top 3 but novice class has more that 3 entries so it's not that either.

IMG_2019.JPG

edit: I dont want to enter to this competition as a late participant

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I guess my entry is disqualified because it it not listed here. No one gave me a PM or anything for the reason I am not eligible to enter this competition.
First I thought that there were top 3 but novice class has more that 3 entries so it's not that either.

View attachment 803194

edit: I dont want to enter to this competition as a late participant
@spegar you weren't disqualified at all, and your razor is outstanding, but in the unlimited class only the top three Moderator picks go through to the membership poll.
Since this is the first year for the Novice class we decided to let all four entries go through. Thanks for your participation!

This is one tough call! All outstanding razors. Including yours Spegar. I would be delighted to own any one of these but if truth be told, I would be happier still to have the skill to create one

It's been great following this competition.

Congratulations to you all.

All four are fantastic entries and it goes without saying that it was really hard to pick just one, however I chose #2.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Great razors, all. Beautiful work. I don't mind saying though, that I am voting for number one mostly because it is closer to my own style. Notice the gracefully thinned spine, smooth fairing and simple profile. The scales are great, too. This razor would not look out of place on the Revisor website, and I could see it priced somewhere above midrange, too. The composite scales really give it a special quality. I admit I have a weakness for horn and so #2 almost got my vote, but in the final analysis the razor itself is really the razor, and both visually and geometrically #1 gets the nod from me. I can't help but think that #2 has a distinct alligator look to it, and an alligator motif scale set would have been a whimsical, artistic touch. I like the sort of trapezoidal I guess you would call it cross section of #3 and if it were thin enough to get the bevel angle down into the sweet spot I might have had a hard time choosing between 1 and 3. Visually it is stunning. And a fatter bevel angle is not always a bad thing. For someone who needs a milder shave, a well honed razor with this geometry is ideal. But still, #1 is #1 in my view. If I could have my choice out of these razors to keep as my own, that would be the one.

Spegar's GoldDollarsori has an oddly traditional look to it. As a first effort, it is impressive and I think this will be a guy to watch out for next year.

But once again I will say that everyone is a winner, and every competitor made his own trophy.

I voted for #2, as it took the "Hammer forged" look one step further by juxtaposing it against a mirror finish.

Nicely done by all!

Seriously no option for all the above? Wow I thought the novice contest was hard to choose. I really could not choose on this one. Took some time to figure it out. Great job guys, amazing work on such a ****e product.

I like the sort of trapezoidal I guess you would call it cross section of #3 and if it were thin enough to get the bevel angle down into the sweet spot I might have had a hard time choosing between 1 and 3. Visually it is stunning. And a fatter bevel angle is not always a bad thing. For someone who needs a milder shave, a well honed razor with this geometry is ideal.

But once again I will say that everyone is a winner, and every competitor made his own trophy.

Thanks for the kind words Slash, and +1000 on your statement in bold above...I have thoroughly enjoyed using this razor this week. I'm thrilled with how it looks and shaves!!!

Top Bottom