What's new

Gold Bond - reformulated...grrrr

Yeah, anything I can make GRAVY out of is not something I think will keep me drier.
Took me a minute LOL. I was picturing some weird things before I realised you actually meant gravy made from cornstarch to EAT haha

I am gonna try some of that Yardley. I quite like their soap. And I think I will try some imperial leather soap as I like their powder. .....PCIK A BRAND DANG YOU lol

I'm glad I came across this thread. It made me realize that I should stock up on talcum powder.
Bought a case of 6 300g bottles of Imperial Leather, 7 different 250g bottles and 1 100g of Yardly, and I have a brand new bottle of pinaud clubman.
Should last me quite awhile! I may even blend a bit of each together in a separate bottle for a custom scent!

I think the clubman I bought should work also. First ingredient is Talc.
Enjoy it while it last, while out today I decided to stop by a Sally's beauty shop that I know carries Clubman.
They indeed had some in stock, but it has been reformulated with cornstarch as well.
Never thought it would be necessary to horde talcum powder!
I'm currently 39 years old, I wonder how much I'd need on hand to get to 80 years old? If I were to use 1/2 oz. a day every single day until I turned 80 years old, I'd need 467.6525 pounds of talcum powder. Even if money wasn't an issue, and I had space for all of it, there's no way that it'd go unnoticed by my usually understanding wife!

So is the Imperial Leather. I bought a case of six 10oz bottles for $28 total.
I almost did, but the one I was looking at had less than stellar reviews. "Not the same UK product" or something. IDK. But neither does the Yardley. Bout the same scenario. Proly will just ignore reviews and order.

I almost did, but the one I was looking at had less than stellar reviews. "Not the same UK product" or something. IDK. But neither does the Yardley. Bout the same scenario. Proly will just ignore reviews and order.
I had no issues with mine thus far other than there was a very slight leakage inside of the factory sealed box they came in. Loss of powder was probably less than 1/4oz closer to 1/8oz.
The Yardley also leaks a bit to, but is of no substance loss that any reasonable person would bat an eye at.
I'd recommend either brand.
I did find a full vintage (2012) 15oz bottle of J&J baby powder in my bathroom toiletries closet last night. Could be the last of kind!

I had no issues with mine thus far other than there was a very slight leakage inside of the factory sealed box they came in. Loss of powder was probably less than 1/4oz closer to 1/8oz.
The Yardley also leaks a bit to, but is of no substance loss that any reasonable person would bat an eye at.
I'd recommend either brand.
I did find a full vintage (2012) 15oz bottle of J&J baby powder in my bathroom toiletries closet last night. Could be the last of kind!
I have an old J&J bottle with some remaining also. Just cannot bring myself to use baby powder LOL. So in the back of the cabinet it sits.

I have an old J&J bottle with some remaining also. Just cannot bring myself to use baby powder LOL. So in the back of the cabinet it sits.
J&J was one of the companies that got in trouble for having asbestos contaminating their talc, so maybe it's better not to use it.

Final report & executive summary....

The Imperial Leather talc is pretty darn good; it was still in play after one session where I was wearing the same clothes for about 19 hours straight (fell asleep on the couch after a bourbon tasting party went horribly terrible right)

My overall choice is...Anti-Monkey Butt Powder. Yes it has a ridiculous name, but I think that the addition of calamine is a benefit and the less pronounced, subtle scent are more to my personal liking (YMMV).

The Imperial Leather is nearly as good, the scent is pleasing - but it is very pronounced and I just do not go "nose blind" to it...I can pick out the scent throughout the day. I will happily use this and the AMB powder up - but in a couple of months time I will be restocking with AMB

One add'l note; the AMB powder is being sold locally at our hardware store, right near the counter. It has probably been there for a long time, but I only noticed it since starting my comparisons.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Better than Gold Bond, and Better than English Leather, is Borotalco. I love everything about this product. Just tried it for the first time and I am seriously impressed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The new Gold Bond is awful. I like the mentholated one and that has been toned down too. It's really fine - like dust. I used to enjoy the menthol doing God's work down there.
No more GB for me.
The Yardley is pretty good so far. Scent does kind of linger, which I don't mind as it's pleasant.

Better than Gold Bond, and Better than English Leather, is Borotalco. I love everything about this product. Just tried it for the first time and I am seriously impressed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Where are you finding this ? (Reasonably priced)

Top Bottom