What's new

Gold Bond - reformulated...grrrr

What's also sad is a dermatologist told me that fungus LOVES the cornstarch. So if you have a problem with athlete's foot or jock itch, using the new talc-free powders is like sprinkling fungi-fertilizer.

This is extremely useful information for me. Thanks!

Your local Indian market should have a nice selection of Yardley and PONDS talcum powders , if you can afford it , the 1000 gram tub of BOROTALCO is spectacular....

forgive my ignorance but what is the deal with talc powder isn't that something parents used on baby's behinds? I have never used it on myself and was always told it caused cancer etc. I vaguely remember my Nonno drowning himself in it when I was a child.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
forgive my ignorance but what is the deal with talc powder isn't that something parents used on baby's behinds? I have never used it on myself and was always told it caused cancer etc. I vaguely remember my Nonno drowning himself in it when I was a child.
I'm no geologist, but I think that Talc is often found near Asbestos deposits in the mining process.

Possibly something I learned from Alec Trebek, or I made it up.

Are you familiar with the term "Swamp A*s"? :laugh:

Talc reduces friction and absorbs moisture. Very useful for hikers, bikers, soldiers, manual laborers and those who do not have sedentary jobs and air conditioning.

The cancer concern comes from asbestos, that some talc was contaminated with. Not all talc contains asbestos, though.

Day 1 of Imperial Leather talc trials; we are leading with the “chair test”..it has to perform whilst I continue to hammer away at a keyboard all day and sit for longer than is healthy in a leather chair.

One early note: the scent of Imperial Leather is a floral barbershop smell and it is very pronounced. The talc itself, much like the AMB powder, doesn’t poof into the air when you give it a shake.

This weekend is supposed to be like a NE summer, very warm with high humidity, so this talc is gonna get a good test

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Day 1 of Imperial Leather talc trials; we are leading with the “chair test”..it has to perform whilst I continue to hammer away at a keyboard all day and sit for longer than is healthy in a leather chair.

One early note: the scent of Imperial Leather is a floral barbershop smell and it is very pronounced. The talc itself, much like the AMB powder, doesn’t poof into the air when you give it a shake.

This weekend is supposed to be like a NE summer, very warm with high humidity, so this talc is gonna get a good test
Hopefully this test works out for that leather chair😂😁😅

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
After a week of use I can confidently say that for me, Imperial Leather is better than Gold Bond. It seems more pure/concentrated - only two or three shakes is enough. It is finer in texture, which means better absorption. It smells fantastic as well.

My only qualm is that it is not mentholated. But considering that it will probably be cheaper on a cost per unit basis, I am not complaining.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Where are you'all buying the IL talc in the U.S.? I like the scent of Imperial Leather, I discovered the bath soap on one of my trips to Ireland several years ago.

Where are you'all buying the IL talc in the U.S.? I like the scent of Imperial Leather, I discovered the bath soap on one of my trips to Ireland several years ago.
IL talc is quite cheap in the UK, but becomes expensive here once the shipping is figured in. I ordered from the great river company since I have Prime. Overall less expensive, but not cheap. Buying a multi-pack of 6 x 300g, I think they were $3.75 each. Single pack prices were ridiculous.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
IL talc is quite cheap in the UK, but becomes expensive here once the shipping is figured in. I ordered from the great river company since I have Prime. Overall less expensive, but not cheap. Buying a multi-pack of 6 x 300g, I think they were $3.75 each. Single pack prices were ridiculous.

Thank you sir

I bought both Imperial Leather and the Anti-Monkey Butt talcum powder from Amz Prime...both are about the same price-per-ounce

I bought both Imperial Leather and the Anti-Monkey Butt talcum powder from Amz Prime...both are about the same price-per-ounce
There are some multi-pack deals for the IL (3 x 300g or 6 x 300g) that brings the cost down. Look carefully because some vendors charge less. I think this stuff only costs around $2 for 300g in the UK, so we are being badly overcharged here.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
There are some multi-pack deals for the IL (3 x 300g or 6 x 300g) that brings the cost down. Look carefully because some vendors charge less. I think this stuff only costs around $2 for 300g in the UK, so we are being badly overcharged here.

The wife goes to Ireland in Sept. I'll have her mule some back to the U.S.

Not sure how you feel about the scent (hit or miss for people) but suavecito powder is still talc. Last time I acquired some about 2 years ago.

Top Bottom