What's new

gold aristocrat 34

It's an awesome razor I use it frequently. I was wondering if I was the only one who thought that is on the mild side although it does in my opinion become more aggressive with a feather blade. I would just like to see what other gentlemen thought. On a sidenote I'm going to be getting it replated the TTO knob is beginning to stick a little bit probably because all the buildup I was wondering should I worry about this is there anything I can do to fix it or will that be fixed whenever I get it repated? In case it happens again is there any solution that I can use to combat the problem?

The best solution for that razor is to have CAP inspect it and "do what needs to be done".
It will be like new after that.

I love my Aristocrat 34; probably the nicest razor to handle and look at I have, and it gives a very good shave. I find it on the more aggressive side for a Gillette, although it's nowhere near the level of many German and English-made razors of the period. It's efficient, but can bite, which is ok by me.

It's an awesome razor I use it frequently. I was wondering if I was the only one who thought that is on the mild side although it does in my opinion become more aggressive with a feather blade. I would just like to see what other gentlemen thought. On a sidenote I'm going to be getting it replated the TTO knob is beginning to stick a little bit probably because all the buildup I was wondering should I worry about this is there anything I can do to fix it or will that be fixed whenever I get it repated? In case it happens again is there any solution that I can use to combat the problem?

I have learned there are ways to clean out the mechanism using Dawn and hot water soaks as well as other methods that will not ruin the finish. My '38 Sheraton was hard to open and now it is more smooth.

I prefer an all original razor, but not everyone shares my view. Once you take away the years with new paint, something is lost forever.

Try repeated hot water/Dawn soaks. Soak with razor both open and closed. A double bent pipe cleaner is useful for getting some gunk out through the bottom of the handle.

I really like the 1934 for a fairly mild and mindless shave. I don’t have to be as cautious as with some others. Plus it’s gorgeous!

The best solution for that razor is to have CAP inspect it and "do what needs to be done".
It will be like new after that.

Try repeated hot water/Dawn soaks. Soak with razor both open and closed. A double bent pipe cleaner is useful for getting some gunk out through the bottom of the handle.

I really like the 1934 for a fairly mild and mindless shave. I don’t have to be as cautious as with some others. Plus it’s gorgeous!

This and this!

Also I’ll add a Kai or Feather in a 1934 will up the efficiency and especially with the Kai it will still be a nice smooth shave! Beautiful razor!

Top Bottom