What's new

Going to try the 39c on a 3 day beard.

Good afternoon all.

I have decided to try my 39c on a 3 day beard tomorrow. I have read how the 39c fares better on a longer beard so I am going to try that theory out. Even after 2 days my beard does feel 'shorter' than if I have used my Mach3, so the 39c does indeed shave much closer.

The results will be posted accordingly tomorrow.

Jason.

Good afternoon all! Here is the moment you have been waiting for!

Razor: 39c Sledgehammer
My usual shaving brush/soap.
Silver Star blade.

Wow! What a SUPERLATIVE shave! The Silver Star felt very comfortable and the edge was just right; not too harsh or mild.

Did my usual 3 pass (WXA) and only got 2 nicks that were so minor they are not worth worrying about. The shave itself is top notch, BBS and almost barber quality. It blows my Mach3 out of the water!

Right now the Silver Star blade takes the gold medal for now as I still have plenty of other blades to try.

So far in descending order here is how I subjectively rank the blades.

1) Silver Star Super Stainless
2) Merkur Platinum Coated Stainless
3) Feather
4) Bic Chrome Platinum
5) Treet Platinum
6) Voskhod (the most useless blade I ever tried)

The list will be updated as I try more brands. Let’s see if a brand can knock the Silver Star off it perch!

Jason.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I think that's where a slant shines, with a few day's growth. On a daily shave I don't notice much difference from a regular razor, but on day 2-3, I notice it.

I think that's where a slant shines, with a few day's growth. On a daily shave I don't notice much difference from a regular razor, but on day 2-3, I notice it.
I agree. Another reason why I like the 39c so much is that I find the head more comfortable than a standard razor.

Jason.

I really need to keep track, but I think Voskhods were excellent in my Gillette Tech from 1962.
The Voskhod didn't work for me. It was okay on its first shave but for some reason it was blunt as hell on my second shave. It didn't cut at all. Had to change the blade mid-shave.

Jason.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The Voskhod didn't work for me. It was okay on its first shave but for some reason it was blunt as hell on my second shave. It didn't cut at all. Had to change the blade mid-shave.

Jason.
It happens. Why, there are some folks on here that get along with Derby Extra blades!
They make me look like the time I insulted Mike Tyson! True story doggone!

Jason.
I have this problem with all the Moscow-made blades too. They're smooth but not that sharp or long lasting.

Top Bottom