What's new

Going to Canada I need Suggestions

I'll be in Canada the end of this week and was wondering what products I should pick up while there that aren't readily available in the US.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Will be in Sherbrooke (P.Q.) area.

Thanks.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'll never forget what happened a while back when I returned from Canada. The border guard looked at us, and probably thought I was kidnapping my wife (I get a lot of that). He leaned in and asked her, "Of what country are you a citizen?" She replied, "New York." :blink:

He gave me a look that said "you obviously have enough to deal with without being hassled by customs", and waived us through. I couldn't stop laughing, while my wife kept saying "What did I say?" We drove almost fifty miles before it hit her. :lol:

Don't forget your passport.
FYI: Bringing your passport is a good idea, but if your going by land and are a US citizen you don't need your passport to reenter the US. For air travel you do, although they have a work-around for those who are waiting for their passports. These 'loopholes' are temporary and passports will be required in the future.

I looked into it because I'll be driving to Canada in August and my passport's expired.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

I'll be in Canada the end of this week and was wondering what products I should pick up while there that aren't readily available in the US.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Will be in Sherbrooke (P.Q.) area.

Thanks.

To actually answer your question - the biggies are:

1) JM Fraser cream;
2) Booster aftershaves;
3) Florena (decent drugstore brand that I think is quite similar to EC Nivea);
4) Proraso can often be found for $6 - $7 at drugstores.

You'll want to send a note to Jeff (crackstar), who can give you some specific recommendations for stores in Montreal that might have this stuff.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
+1 for Florena and Proraso. They are very cheap and widely available.

I see Florena everywhere ... it's as common as Williams Mug soap, if not more so! But Proraso? Never. Huh.

But be sure to give Florena a shot.

Buy all of the Frasers Shave Cream and Booster Aftershaves you can get your hands on.

Terrific products and a terrific value.

Another vote for J.M. Fraser shaving cream, which has wonderful beard-softening properties --- and I (for one) love the fragrance, a sort of light lemon.

J. M. Fraser and Boosters. Lots of Boosters. Lot of different kinds of Boosters

Did I mention Boosters? And don't forget the J. M. Fraser.

If your'e looking for Proraso products, you should check out Jean Coutu. I'm not 100% sure about Sherbrooke, but in Montreal they carry quite a complete range - green in a tube, green in a tub, pre/post, ASB, after shave splash, even their canned stuff for when you're in a hurry (regular green and "white" green tea/aloe vera). Plus a couple of Omega boar brushes.

Of course, they have Florena too, for cheap.

Top Bottom