What's new

Going Through The Top 6

Gentlemen
As you might know, I've dropped my "collection" down to 6 razors I use regularly. Today I'm going to review my Gillette 1930's New Long Comb OC.
I got this razor from Cooncat Bob who also spun me the halo handle that's paired with it. I then had it plated in Black Nickel just for a different look. Over time the finish has faded in areas which has just made the razor more unique and personal.
Now, it has always amazed me that vintage razors (to me, especially Gillette) have always, for the most part, shaved as well as any of the modern razors. The balance and ease of shaving with this razor are as comfortable and efficient as anything I own or have owned. It pairs up well with a number of blades, I favour Feathers, Wizamets and PolSilvers with a few others. With Feathers, for example, it's very efficient and has a nice touch of aggressive as well. Beautifully designed, manufactured and robust as a razor can be. It also handles the awkward areas with a nice degree of ease and flair.
A very easy razor to reach for and always delivers a comfortable, efficient shave as it has for the past 90 or so years. Truly a razor to pass down.
C2CE2363-B434-4A43-8BB4-B37056393F0A.jpeg
21F7B5E8-6C81-4790-AAE6-FC4A2C718D5D_1_201_a.jpeg
79150CBD-2817-4A9D-9A47-7498A6E3EC54_1_201_a.jpeg

Top Bottom