What's new

Godrej Menthol Mist

Just tried this cream for the first time this evening. Have you ever had your face go totally numb on the last pass of your shave? This cream has enough menthol to cause that!:w00t:At least I'm pretty sure that's what did it.:001_rolle I've read the posts raving about this and other offerings from Godrej, and I've gotta agree it's a pretty good cream. Not quite as slick as I'd like, but a great performer nonetheless.:thumbup1:

I've used godrej deluxe and liked it a lot.

Godrej menthol mist; wow. More menthol than proraso and ingrams, by far. Good enough lather for 3 solid passes. Bbs no irritation. I'm going to sleep well tonight :)

I shaved with the Deluxe today. I can't praise this stuff enough. It's a shame that I can't find the menthol version locally. Are you getting yours from ebay?

Bbs no irritation.

How do you know if you have irritation or not if the menthol numbs your face? :001_tongu

I am of the same opinion as other in this post, I love the stuff. My bother was in India and brought back some of the Lime and Deluxe for me, it's great cream. I will have to try to find some of the menthol, that sounds good too.

I wasn't too pleased with the deluxe...found the lather was not as slick as Proraso...but have never tried the menthol ...perhaps it's a lot better...will see if I can find one locally to try out...

I wasn't too pleased with the deluxe...found the lather was not as slick as Proraso...but have never tried the menthol ...perhaps it's a lot better...will see if I can find one locally to try out...

Godrej, to me, does give up points to Proraso in the slickness dept. However, this can be improved upon by using more product and not whipping it so much with the brush..

If you like Menthol Mist, try Don... even more menthol and a slightly better performer. Just a bit hard to get it out of the tube sometimes as it is a little thick.

I like the Methol Mist but I'd like to find a local Indian Market to buy it so I don't have to pay the heavy shipping fees typical online/eBay. After shipping fees the price per tube is about $5. Proraso tubes are twice the volume and about $12 after shipping charges online. For that price point I'd rather use the Proraso.

Does anyone know a market in Northern New Jersey/NYC that definitely carries the product?

Does anyone know a market in Northern New Jersey/NYC that definitely carries the product?

The Patel Bros in Queens definitely has the Deluxe and the Lime. If anyone knows where to find the Menthol, I would be very interested in knowing!

I own this and the Deluxe (Red) version, and I have to say that the although the menthol is pronounced, and feels great on the skin, the scent is uniquely Indian. The scent is strong and lingers for hours. I tried mixing it with the Deluxe version with the hope of masking it to no avail.

The lather isn't all that spectacular to be honest. It's not a terrible cream, however, I expected much more from this due to the presence of Lanonlin.

Just tried this cream for the first time this evening. Have you ever had your face go totally numb on the last pass of your shave? This cream has enough menthol to cause that!:w00t:At least I'm pretty sure that's what did it.:001_rolle I've read the posts raving about this and other offerings from Godrej, and I've gotta agree it's a pretty good cream. Not quite as slick as I'd like, but a great performer nonetheless.:thumbup1:

That's pretty much the same experience I had when I first used it. Unfortunately it was in the middle of winter. Now that warmer temps are coming around I will be breaking out the Mist again.

Just curious, did you like and/or try the other stuff I sent your way?

I've been using the menthol mist exclusively for about 3 weeks. Its not as slick as proraso but performs comparably. The typical online shipping costs take this out of the running as my go to cream. Ill finish the tube and then buy more proraso unless I happen upon thegodreg at a local market for 2 or 3 dollars a tube.

Just curious, did you like and/or try the other stuff I sent your way?

As a matter of fact, I have! I can't decide which one I like the best, so I keep rotating through them. I had to break out my Mama Bear's Phoenix soap yesterday, since it has been relegated to the drawer for several weeks. Gotta spread the love around a little bit, right?:001_rolleIt's a great problem to have when you stand there in front of your den for a couple of minutes trying to decide what the SOTD is gonna be.:001_smile

I have some on order as of this writing. I'm looking forward to trying it. I'm fan of menthol to say the least. AB

Trying out Menthol Mist today. Used the Rich Foam type a lot previously. Very good product. I get these for under USD1 in most Indian stores here in Malaysia.

Attachments

• 15939342200302373672305223314069.jpg
    15939342200302373672305223314069.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
Top Bottom