What's new

Godrej De Luxe

I've used this and like it. The scent is very strong, woodsy/cedar, but it lathers well and I can get it cheaply at a local South Asian market. RichGem really likes it, especially the Lime scent. I tried the Cool Menthol and it's okay too -- the scent is milder. I still give Proraso the edge overall, but this is good stuff.

i was JUST about to post a plea to someone who can find this in their neighborhood indian grocery... i've tried it twice and love it! however, i'm pretty certain there's a topical desensintizing agent in there somewhere. wunderbar skincare!

i was JUST about to post a plea to someone who can find this in their neighborhood indian grocery... i've tried it twice and love it! however, i'm pretty certain there's a topical desensintizing agent in there somewhere. wunderbar skincare!

Hm, well, if it has an anesthetic in it, I might not want to use it anymore. I prefer my shaves feel good now and later, but anyway, are you asking me to pick up a tube for you, or you want to know the ingredients, or what?

Dang it Jesse! Ya beat me to it. :wink:

Anyhow, "what he said." Big fan of Godrej here. It lathers like nobody's business, is great on my skin, and gives an excellent shave. The lime is a light, natural scent which doesn't lather quite as well as the Deluxe (9.5 vs. a 10), imho, but both are winners in my book and will be in my rotation as long as I can buy it in NY (Pasteur's) or nag/beg/guilt Jesse into sending me some from GA.

Edit: The scent on the Deluxe is a musky, woodsy, citrus and very pleasant.

Edit2: Doubtful on a topical anasthetic (maybe the menthol in the menthol version, however) in the ingredients as I think my skin would have noticed and I haven't felt any wearing off, but would be interested to know.

As to ingredients: the tube mentions only glycerine (sp?) and lanolin. I also checked the website (godrejmall.com) and no ingredients are listed at all. Anything on the box, Jesse?

well, that's odd. i've shaved with it twice and both times it was so slick i felt a definite disconnect with my beard. once i even nicked myself, something i haven't done in years. maybe it's just really, really (really) slick?

well, that's odd. i've shaved with it twice and both times it was so slick i felt a definite disconnect with my beard. once i even nicked myself, something i haven't done in years. maybe it's just really, really (really) slick?

razor hydroplaning?

fwiw, the ingredients list on the tube was clearly not a complete list. anyone have a box to ref.?

those tv commercials are golden...

i'm not a betting man, but i would think that a cream called 'protect plus' has a desensitizing agent of some kind to earn its name. however, we're certainly not going to find out anything from their shallow site.

The tube lists only a few ingredients, none of which appear to be an anesthetic. I no longer have the boxes, but I'll head over to the grocery early next week and pick up a tube of the original (cedary) scent and the Lime; and I'll check on the ingredients. But I bet a snail mail letter will actually be required to get a straight answer.

Rich makes a good point, though -- I think I would have noticed if my face felt ravaged a few hours after an otherwise good-feeling shave!

(Rich, how's your supply? Sanpaku?)

me? i was (am; barely) shaving on a tiny sample kindly sent on a b/s/t...
i'm good for a tube of each.
or...62 rps/$1.43 per tube (+ postage = $20.00 for 4 tubes/$5.00 per tube delivered) here; http://www.desistores.net/catalog/p...=1824&osCsid=883353e29ab6c619b7f9abe41f4ddbe5 :blush:

@Soapbox... thanks to you (and my massive rotation :eek:), I'm pretty set on supplies for now. Thanks for asking!

@Sanpaku... if you beg Soapbox nicely (and offer to change a diaper or two-- his daughter's), he might just hook you up with a couplea tubes that are in the country.

Yes, but admit it, you've at least thought about using a hand dryer in that manner. :biggrin:

Anything that increases the efficiency of diaper changes is worth considering.

hmmm.. I don't quite get it, but looks like I've also picked up a new avatar.

Ruh? Is someone calling you a sellout? Or perhaps, a bribe-meister? :wink:

Top Bottom