What's new

Godrej Cinthol Fresh Lime vs Old Spice Lime Tube?

Diggin' through the B&B archives, Godrej gets nice reviews; one member said "slick but no cushion". Old Spice Lime gets consistently decent reviews as well. They're the same LOW price, which I like, for a roughly 2.5oz tube.

If you had to choose (I know, I know, dumb) - which lime cream has the better scent, and which has the better performance?

Optional Italian bonus round: is Proraso Azur Lime - 3.5 tube oz a WAY better choice for +/- $3 more? Is that a totally different scent? It's not been as easy to find that smaller size tube. One B&B'r stated, "...love the scent but don't expect fresh cut limes" and another mentioned it had menthol.

Thanks!

My experience with the OS Lime cream is that all in all the scent is fairly subtle. Punches above it's price point in performance so I typically always have a tube around. I've never tried the Godrej to make a comparison.

The godrej creams have far superior ingredients.

It's the only Indian cream that is free from l coconut and palm oils!

The base is stearic acid, myristic acid and lauric acid. This is a premium base for a shaving cream IMO.

I don't use creams generally but I do have all 3 variants of godrej creams.

The godrej creams have far superior ingredients.

It's the only Indian cream that is free from l coconut and palm oils!

The base is stearic acid, myristic acid and lauric acid. This is a premium base for a shaving cream IMO.

I don't use creams generally but I do have all 3 variants of godrej creams.

Myristic acid and lauric acid are usually derived from fractionating coconut oil.

Myristic acid and lauric acid are usually derived from fractionating coconut oil.

Sure...But I find them less drying.

Coconut oil/acid, palm oil/ palm kernel oil make the product a little more drying for my skin.

E.g. MdC is very drying, as is the Indian artisan soap, Trigodon. Both have a simple base of coconut and stearic acid.

My OS Lime has a very very subtle scent, I would choose the Godrej over it. Gillette also makes a lime scent Shaving Cream and its decent.

I wonder of Vi-John makes a lime scent, that's my favourite Indian Shaving Cream

Godrej feels more moisturizing and better quality lather.

Proraso Azur Lime is a completely different scent with lots more stuff besides lime in there like juniper, mint, wood, spices, etc.

I can’t take the irritation I get from Godrej Lime. I tried the Old Spice Lime and it was very nice.
Rick
How true!!
I'm glad I read you Big Rick. I have sensitive, oily skin.
May be I can't tolerate lanolin from Godrej. I have always seen my Dad use Godrej here in Mumbai, India. So besides Gillette,Vicco
IMG20220218172237.jpg
IMG20220218172244.jpg
I only happened to use Godrej

Just bought Vi-john this morning. Wow! No burns, no red skin. I wonder why I didn't use Vi-john before! Vi-john is my favourite now.

I guess the ingredients suit me.

How true!!
I'm glad I read you Big Rick. I have sensitive, oily skin.
May be I can't tolerate lanolin from Godrej. I have always seen my Dad use Godrej here in Mumbai, India. So besides Gillette,ViccoView attachment 1411821View attachment 1411822 I only happened to use Godrej

Just bought Vi-john this morning. Wow! No burns, no red skin. I wonder why I didn't use Vi-john before! Vi-john is my favourite now.

I guess the ingredients suit me.
Strangely enough I have no issues when I use Godrej Menthol Mist or the Godrej Original in the burgundy coloured tube. It’s just the Lime that irritates me. Vi John is also excellent stuff indeed!

Rick

Godrej lime cream works better than old spice lime for me.
Slightly off topic but, If you can get your hands on an older bottle of old spice fresh lime aftershave splash , the one made by menezes, grab it. Probably the best version of old spice I've used in the last 25 years of shaving.

Top Bottom