What's new

“Go ahead, make my day.”

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
CA836755-767E-4BEE-9F2B-C8E592118DD6.jpeg

I think not. I bought mine in 1986 to go wild boar hunting with my cousin and the hint never materialized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I've always wanted a S&W M 25 in blue steel. I do have a 625 Mountain Gun though. I have a M 29 with a 6 in barrel.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
If I were to buy a hand cannon I would get a Super Redhawk in .454 Casull. You can shoot .45 colt for fun and games and kill Bigfoot if you needed to.

Always wanted one of those but never had a chance when I had the money.
As a dedicated wheelgunner I consider that a failure on my part.
But my 44mag needs have been well served with my Ruger SBH.

One of the nicest actions I have ever handled was on a Model 25, if I'd had the money at the time I would have bought it on the spot.

I had a nickel model 29 back in the 80s, sold it for pennies. My 10-1/2" Super Blackhawk was stolen. I recently acquired a 629 which I'm very happy with. 44 magnum has the best ballistics of any hand gun round IMO.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I mostly shot reduced loads in my M29. I liked shooting a 185 gr. JHP at about 1100 FPS, fairly flat shooting, or 240 gr. cast SWC at about 950 FPS or so. I'd occasionally shoot full magnum loads just to remind me what it was like!

If I were to buy a hand cannon I would get a Super Redhawk in .454 Casull. You can shoot .45 colt for fun and games and kill Bigfoot if you needed to.

I took it one level further and grabbed a SW 460 a while back. Can do 460 SW, 454 Casull, or 45 Colt.

That said, been wanting a Model 29 in 44 mag for some time. Actually don't have anything in the caliber.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I took it one level further and grabbed a SW 460 a while back. Can do 460 SW, 454 Casull, or 45 Colt.

That said, been wanting a Model 29 in 44 mag for some time. Actually don't have anything in the caliber.

You can handle the extra big, Bigfoots that way. :lol:

Top Bottom