What's new

GLP Virginia Cream

I so want to like this blend. Doesn't even have to be love it, just like it would suffice. I love the tin note, I like the char light, and the first say 1/4 to 1/3 of the bowl. But at that point the flavor just turns to something ... not likeable to me. It gets this aftertaste that is sort of chemical, the Virginia's get completely overpowered by it, and it turns into a sort of unpleasant and cheap tasting aro. Oh well, at least I didn't stock up on the blend over all before giving it a good try. I have one tin unopened and aging.. maybe with a bunch of years on it, I'll like it more? I actually hope that isn't the case, since then I'll kick myself for NOT having stocked up as bunch to age. lol

I'm not going to say it is my favorite but I kinda like it so far. I have been on a lighter blend kick for s while though. I don't get any of the bad taste you get. The flavor seems to fade but I still get some decent on a retrohale. Kinda like with some other lighter aromatics. I really like the tin note. The afterflavors are pretty good too. I'm not stocking up on it either but I am definitely not hating it.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
As much as I like the tin notes of aro’s, whatever they use as the carrier for the Flavorings really disagrees with me. Even Autumn Evening aged 5 years tastes terrible past the first 1/4 of the bowl. I guess I could smoke 1/4 bowls of the stuff.

As much as I like the tin notes of aro’s, whatever they use as the carrier for the Flavorings really disagrees with me. Even Autumn Evening aged 5 years tastes terrible past the first 1/4 of the bowl. I guess I could smoke 1/4 bowls of the stuff.
Fill your bowl halfway with some unobtrusive, basic burley blend. Then top it off with Autumn Evening.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
You know, Lakeland’s pretty much taste the same all the way through. And they’re very much aromatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
You know, Lakeland’s pretty much taste the same all the way through. And they’re very much aromatic.

That’s true. Might be the old world flavoring techniques? HG Rum Flake is wonderful all the way down the bowl.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
That’s true. Might be the old world flavoring techniques? HG Rum Flake is wonderful all the way down the bowl.

Totally. Some people will like them, others won’t. But, they’re some of the truest aromatics out there. They taste like they smell, and they’re very consistent.

True, but at least VA Cream and Autumn Evening taste good for that first 1/4 before they taste horrid. ;)

Top Bottom