What's new

Glock trigger upgrade

Hey all. I need some advice. I just purchased a PSA dagger compact(Gen 3 G19 clone) with a threaded barrel and a holosun 407c. Holster is decided on and will be ordered shortly but I need some direction on trigger replacement, because it's terrible. When I first dry fired it I thought it was broken, it's not. So for all of you glock users, what is you're advice? I don't have a lot to spend and so I can't justify buying the most expensive because it must be the best or buying more than one to find one that works/upgrades/I like etc... so I want to lean on the experience of others. Mainly I am just grateful to have been able to make this purchase for my daily EDC. Thanks in advance.

A smart person does not carry modified firearm CCW.

Why?

Should you ever have to use for self defense, you could hear in Court defendant modified fire arm to make easier to fire.

Back in 1970 when I was LE every duty firearm was checked twice a year. During qualification that our trigger were not LIGHT.

This was all about protecting department if we had shooting, and civil claim.

Appreciate the time that you took to reply. However I wasn't asking about the advisability of carrying a modified firearm or to have my intelligence impugned. Considering that the purpose of adding things like a red dot, grip tape, compensators, upgraded iron sights, etc all have the purpose of making a firearm easier to fire I'm not concerned that if the need arose to defend myself or my family from a violent attack that the trigger upgrade is what would be called into question. With that being said @DesertIguana, if you have a glock product and have ideas on how to improve or upgrade the trigger I would love to hear them.

Well let me share another story about CCW, good friend recently attended a CCW Renewal Class, the class was taught by two attorneys. One is also a fill in judge.

The biggest take away was if you're in a situation where you have to use your firearm for defense. Even if you are cleared CRIMINALLY. Chances are you will or could face Civil Litigation. The instructors said be prepared to write a check for 50 - 60 K, for your Civil Defense.

Honestly the best advice is it is better to get out of bad situation by exiting as fast as you can. Run if you have too.

Remember the actions you take because of split second decision. Will be judged by people who have all the time in the world to decide if your were right or wrong. Criminally or Civilly wrong.

Glocks get better with time, shooting them helps, plus good lube on moving parts. Last there care several Glock Forum on the Internet, full of good info.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
What is bad about the trigger? Gritty? Long pull? Heavy pull?

Gritty might be helped by quick polish job on certain parts(50 cent Glock trigger job). Long pull might be helped with a different connector(wolf connector). Heavy pull might need springs changed, connectors help a little too, but with springs reliability might be compromised.

The way I look at it, if you shoot someone it better be because you would be dead otherwise. That way whatever aftermath you have to deal with is still better than the alternative, which would be a permanent dirt nap.

I am unfamiliar with your clone, but maybe drop an Email to Johnny Glock. He might be able to steer your right. His triggers are highly rated, but I never used one and they probably cost as much as your gun. He had a lot of videos that explain how a Glock trigger works, and understanding it is half the battle IMO.

Upgrade the weapon not the trigger for personal defense; especially, if your life depends it. Not a fan of customized CCWs or home defense weapons for a million different reasons.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Anxiously awaiting a reply from @OkieStubble.

I completely rebuilt the internals of my old Glock 22 duty weapon with Taran Tactical parts. I mean replaced everything and it made it better...if you can call a Glock trigger better that something else. I don't use it for defense though. That duty goes to a Charter Arms Classic Bulldog in .44 Special, an old duty weapon of an S&W L frame, or a highly modified 1911 done by Wilson Combat.

Around here if it's a good shoot, it's a good shoot...criminally or civilly. But that's just the general jury pool around here. YMMV.

I agree with OP. This is why I never liked Glock. Sure out of the box it is reliable, easy to shoot, and disassemble. Terrible trigger and FUGLY. The Glock 42,43, and Gen 5 was game changer.

I completely rebuilt the internals of my old Glock 22 duty weapon with Taran Tactical parts. I mean replaced everything and it made it better...if you can call a Glock trigger better that something else. I don't use it for defense though. That duty goes to a Charter Arms Classic Bulldog in .44 Special, an old duty weapon of an S&W L frame, or a highly modified 1911 done by Wilson Combat.

Around here if it's a good shoot, it's a good shoot...criminally or civilly. But that's just the general jury pool around here. YMMV.

I do not know where around here is, but law about self defense vary State to State, and sometime County to County.

Having had Carry Permit over 50 years know even with permit. Some place are wacky,

One time I had permit issued by State DOJ, approved by local Sheriff. Was told point blank the City/County of San Francisco do not at time recognize State Issued CCWs,

Never had problem working there, as I did good job of concealing.

Friend was LAPD, to family to Disneyland. He set offf metal detector, IDed himself as LAPD. Disney Security told him about zero tolerance firearms policy.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

Hey all. I need some advice. I just purchased a PSA dagger compact(Gen 3 G19 clone) with a threaded barrel and a holosun 407c. Holster is decided on and will be ordered shortly but I need some direction on trigger replacement, because it's terrible. When I first dry fired it I thought it was broken, it's not. So for all of you glock users, what is you're advice? I don't have a lot to spend and so I can't justify buying the most expensive because it must be the best or buying more than one to find one that works/upgrades/I like etc... so I want to lean on the experience of others.
I agree with OP. This is why I never liked Glock. Sure out of the box it is reliable, easy to shoot, and disassemble. Terrible trigger and FUGLY. The Glock 42,43, and Gen 5 was game changer.

HK’s are ugly too? And their striker fired triggers are nothing to write home and tell Mom about? :)

@BSawhill

Many PSA Dagger owners are having the same experiences as you with the triggers, so you are not alone.

I have read and understand your OP perfectly. So I will guide you thru a step by step process which will improve your trigger and not cost you a lot of money.

Ready? Let’s begin:

1. Get this Apex Tactical Trigger Shoe for the Gen3 Glock 19.

2. Get this 3.5 ‘Edge’ Connector from Ghost Inc.

3. Follow this video carefully pausing it and repeating it as needed in order to take out your trigger assembly, Cruciform, Striker Spring, Trigger bar and Trigger Shoe.

4. When you get the trigger assembly out. Very important so pay attention. 1st. Do a .25 Cent Trigger job, lightly polishing the internal parts of the cruciform and trigger bar, safety plunger, and any other metal parts that the video shows you.

5. 2nd. After the .25 Cent job, make sure to clean the polish off all parts with a CLP gun Cleaner, just as you would after shooting it.

6. Install the Apex Tactical Trigger Shoe onto the trigger bar.

7. Remove the PSA’s Dagger trigger connector and install the Ghost 3.5 Edge Trigger Connector.

8. Put everything back together following the video.

Appreciate the time that you took to reply. However I wasn't asking about the advisability of carrying a modified firearm or to have my intelligence impugned. Considering that the purpose of adding things like a red dot, grip tape, compensators, upgraded iron sights, etc all have the purpose of making a firearm easier to fire I'm not concerned that if the need arose to defend myself or my family from a violent attack that the trigger upgrade is what would be called into question. With that being said @DesertIguana, if you have a glock product and have ideas on how to improve or upgrade the trigger I would love to hear them.

Great post. I challenge anyone in this thread to find and post here, one single link to where someone was prosecuted and convicted of a righteous self defense shooting,

1. In a pro gun state.

2. In a pro gun city

3. Who’s pistol had a perfectly reasonable upgrade or modification that improved the pistol for better more accurate shooting.

4. If the upgrade wasn’t reasonable like some type of writing or statement on the side of the gun like “God assigned me to do away with all evil doers” type of statement? Then I get it.

5. But if not? Post the link. I dare ya…. :)

6. In my state, the jury will be instructed to look at the simple facts of the case. Was it self defense? If it was? An upgrade isn’t going to send you to prison. If it wasn’t self defense, a stock pistol isn’t going to keep you out of prison.

Family members are going to try to sue you for liable regardless, but the same type of common sense jurors, that were in the criminal court will also be in the civil court.

That is all.

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I do not know where around here is, but law about self defense vary State to State, and sometime County to County.

Having had Carry Permit over 50 years know even with permit. Some place are wacky,

One time I had permit issued by State DOJ, approved by local Sheriff. Was told point blank the City/County of San Francisco do not at time recognize State Issued CCWs,

Friend was LAPD, to family to Disneyland. He set offf metal detector, IDed himself as LAPD. Disney Security told him about zero tolerance firearms policy.

You gots dat right. Some places are whacky!

If you hover your cursor over my avatar you can see where "around here" is. Very pro gun...especially in the rural area where I live. Exactly the opposite of the West Coast.

OkieStubble

California? San Francisco? LAPD? The defense rests its case your honor…. :)

Aaanyway, best most economical solution: Vickers flat trigger shoe and a Ghost Rocket (5#) connector. You will need an armorers' slide plate, patience & a needle file.

Short reset, minimal uptake. I do not recommend the Vickers trigger w/trigger bar, as the one I tried was not up to factory.

I like flat triggers. You can go way up in materials & cost, aluminum, titanium, trigger shoe only, trigger shoe & bar with a connector, etc., erc.. Apex is very nice, but I'm not a competition shooter.😉 However, if "crisp" is your goal, Apex is probably the best solution.

OkieStubble

Aaanyway, best most economical solution: Vickers flat trigger shoe and a Ghost Rocket (5#) connector. You will need an armorers' slide plate, patience & a needle file.

Short reset, minimal uptake. I do not recommend the Vickers trigger w/trigger bar, as the one I tried was not up to factory.

I like flat triggers. You can go way up in materials & cost, aluminum, titanium, trigger shoe only, trigger shoe & bar with a connector, etc., erc.. Apex is very nice, but I'm not a competition shooter.😉 However, if "crisp" is your goal, Apex is probably the best solution.

In my experience, I think the Ghost Edge 3.5 # connector will keep him in an excellent middle place of a 4.5 pound trigger pull which is still an excellent poundage for a combat pistols trigger. The 5# Ghost Rocket will only split the difference on what he has now with the PSA stock trigger pull.

If the stock pull weight is 7#’s? Then the 5# Rocket that you suggest will give him a 6# trigger pull. 5 pound connector’s do not make a trigger pull 5 pounds without changing out trigger and striker springs also, which might be more complicated then he’s looking for?

The 3.5 Edge connector will split the differences with the PSA stock trigger pull weight, which will keep him closer to a Glock’s stock pull weight without changing out springs.

The .25 cent trigger job will get rid of small burrs and smooth out his trigger pull and give him a cleaner break. The Apex trigger shoe I suggested is only $85 and will shorten his travel and reset.

$85 for the Apex shoe and $24 for the Ghost Edge, he’s only spent $109 plus shipping that is going to feel and shoot like the differences between night & day. :)

Last edited:
HK’s are ugly too? And their striker fired triggers are nothing to write home and tell Mom about? :)

@BSawhill

Many PSA Dagger owners are having the same experiences as you with the triggers, so you are not alone.

I have read and understand your OP perfectly. So I will guide you thru a step by step process which will improve your trigger and not cost you a lot of money.

Ready? Let’s begin:

1. Get this Apex Tactical Trigger Shoe for the Gen3 Glock 19.

2. Get this 3.5 ‘Edge’ Connector from Ghost Inc.

3. Follow this video carefully pausing it and repeating it as needed in order to take out your trigger assembly, Cruciform, Striker Spring, Trigger bar and Trigger Shoe.

4. When you get the trigger assembly out. Very important so pay attention. 1st. Do a .25 Cent Trigger job, lightly polishing the internal parts of the cruciform and trigger bar, safety plunger, and any other metal parts that the video shows you.

5. 2nd. After the .25 Cent job, make sure to clean the polish off all parts with a CLP gun Cleaner, just as you would after shooting it.

6. Install the Apex Tactical Trigger Shoe onto the trigger bar.

7. Remove the PSA’s Dagger trigger connector and install the Ghost 3.5 Edge Trigger Connector.

8. Put everything back together following the video.

Great post. I challenge anyone in this thread to find and post here, one single link to where someone was prosecuted and convicted of a righteous self defense shooting,

1. In a pro gun state.

2. In a pro gun city

3. Who’s pistol had a perfectly reasonable upgrade or modification that improved the pistol for better more accurate shooting.

4. If the upgrade wasn’t reasonable like some type of writing or statement on the side of the gun like “God assigned me to do away with all evil doers” type of statement? Then I get it.

5. But if not? Post the link. I dare ya…. :)

6. In my state, the jury will be instructed to look at the simple facts of the case. Was it self defense? If it was? An upgrade isn’t going to send you to prison. If it wasn’t self defense, a stock pistol isn’t going to keep you out of prison.

Family members are going to try to sue you for liable regardless, but the same type of common sense jurors, that were in the criminal court will also be in the civil court.

That is all.

@OkieStubble, both parts ordered and on the way. I like the idea of the $0.25 trigger job because it will let me get into the guts of it and better understand how it all works together. Thanks for your insight and in depth response. Once I get this work done and get the holster on hand it's going to be another 500 rounds of check out and lots of draw stroke and dry fire practice and then it will move into my EDC role.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I did a Ghost 3.5 connector years ago and some polishing in my Gen 3 Glock 19. I added an Apex trigger a year or two ago and have been very pleased with it.

Top Bottom