What's new

Glock 48 Review

Nice review of the pistol and a fantastic price point. Thanks for pointing it out.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Good read. Glock only makes one gun, really. Can order it skinny, fat, tall, etc.

A Glock carbine would get my money, quickly. 7.62x25mm, of course.

"Glockish prayers," hee hee.

AA

We've had some in the store for a few weeks. Little to no customer interest, yet. After a few magazines & YouTubers review it I expect it to be a good mover for a while.

I don't care for Glocks, but could possibly take a liking to this critter. Feels a lot like a S&W Shield.

Still haven't seen the 43X, every distributor is promising me some, but can't get them in stock.

Just spoke with my next door neighbor who is an undercover detective. His current off-duty and backup pistol is the Glock 43. However, his department is evaluating the 48 and 43X. The patrol pistol is the G 17 and most detectives carry the G19. He said detectives can carry any brand they want other than Glock. However, they must buy their own non-Glock pistols and pass additional tests for the non-standard pistols.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Just spoke with my next door neighbor who is an undercover detective. His current off-duty and backup pistol is the Glock 43. However, his department is evaluating the 48 and 43X. The patrol pistol is the G 17 and most detectives carry the G19. He said detectives can carry any brand they want other than Glock. However, they must buy their own non-Glock pistols and pass additional tests for the non-standard pistols.

I'm waiting for Glock to introduce the G48 MOS. :)

The G48 is a great gun in principle as it fulfills a gap for either those who live in states that limit capacity to 10 rds. and those who have always wanted a slim G19. That said, I have no idea how well it is selling as different gun stores tell different stories. I damn near bought one the day they came out (in black), but bought something else that I couldn't pass up. I carried a G19 for ages and a P228 before that so I know how to conceal a double stack gun well enough in a good IWB holster. Regardless, the G48 thinness is somehow appealing as with each passing year the oppressive south Texas heat wears a man down. :eek:

I really like my 48 - a lot.

5651439E-2931-4C52-A4FE-6E6FD3018AFC.jpeg

It’s a pretty awesome pistol but the problem is, if you want to call it that, is that I’ve got so much invested into my 43, particularly in terms of range time, that my 48 is really my 43s backup lol!

75F88A68-DC4D-4C22-9E66-315B7303106B.jpeg

One day maybe i’ll port the 48 and put a red dot on it and give it as much attention as my 43 as well. The pistol certainly deserves the attention. It grips well, is relatively accurate for a Glock, carry’s like a charm, and is remarkably light for its size. I like it.

Why on God's green Earth would you port and mount a Red Dot on a CCW? o_O
I don’t know glocks from Russian satellites, but if it’s a 9mm in question, yeah I don’t understand porting any gun, CCW or not, especially not a 9mm. As for the red dot, why not, lots of dudes do it and doesn’t print much if at all. I think that’s more personal preference.

Because Freedom!

Didn’t your mom ever tell you that if you’ve got nothing positive to say, don’t say anything at all?!

Ha!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Relax. Tell ya what, if I see you shooting that getup at the range I'll hold your parasol for you.

:D

A red dot sight on one would be kind of difficult to fit in a pocket.

You can come out here and hold a parasol for me anytime...that way I wouldn't have to wear a hat.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Actually, the better reflex RDS's are low profile enough to be capable of being carried concealed. Pocket carry might be troublesome, but belt carry is very feasible with something like the Trijicon RDS. I "see" one and a MOS Glock in my future!

Top Bottom